Savage Flux XS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofastturnleft

I know its new but I just ordered mine. Wondering what LiPo's you guys are using in them if you have one yet. I will post up some pics as soon as I get mine and let you know what I get. I have some zippy 3s 2200 I will use till I find some bigger capacity. I think I saw an HPI picture using their new PLAZMA LiPo 3000 mah...not sure if that is as big as uou can fit?

i think youre gonna have to be the one to tell us lefty.

looks like youre getting the very first one. pretty cool.

I used my MaxAmps 2s 6500 mah no problem.
My 3s 5000mah Zippy's are too wide though.

It looks like a lot of full size lipos are going to fit.

topflux.jpg

sideflux.jpg

lidoffflux.jpg

esc.jpg

bottomflux.jpg

battbox.jpg

zipp.jpg

if you notice the tvp do not line up properly...this was a big oops by hpi. Hopefully someone will come out with upgrade tvp that will line up

where don't they line up?

hpi is making some major blunders lately. time for a new ceo with some vision.

its got too much gaudy plastic even the tvps i hope that stuff us flux approved lol

ok, i see it and that sucks.

guess i better wait till they come out with the next generation.

Yeh Hpi must have been in a rush to get it out and make that money lol, but once it's been out for a little bit and they work the bugs out of it I'll definitely will be building one

i have one :) i will put up pics shortly .
The Tvp is an issue but i found anouther possible problem aswell The rear diff output shaft coupler isnt actually a tight
fit so to force it back down instead of floating i had to pack and extra O-ring into the rear and it sit back down nice and tight . As i had an issue were it was floating and only spining the front wheels at times. The best part though i have found un like its big brothers it can corner alot better but the servo is very week i would suggest upgrading that one when you get a chance :)
But I'm now over the speed of the 4000kv and I'm going to put in a new 5700kv and see what she will do lol

i would like to say one thing this thread is worthless without pics or vids guys lol

I posted several pics? As for video I'll try to get some but on my way to islands for now. Wife said it's an r/c free vacation so I couldn't bring any

Hi guys, can anyone give me some advice on the choice of batteries, voltage, mAh, cells and discharge for the savage xs flux before I burn the ESC. Thanks

Q5) What kind of batteries? What size, etc?
A5) You can use the older style NiMH stick battery packs up to 10 cells, or LiPo batteries of 2s (7.4v) or 3s (11.1v). The battery box dimensions are 143mm in length, 31mm in height and 51mm width. The Castle speed controller comes with a Deans plug on it, so anticipate either changing that to the plug of your choice or changing the plug on any batteries you buy. I will update this as I get more info.

I'm using zippy 3s 5000mah 30c and maxamps 2s 6500 50c with no problem...if you have lipos just wait to buy new ones as most will fit in this truck

On 3s I have noticed that the esc goes into thermal protection mode after about 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Back