Savage Flux XS wish list items deleted at Tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a bunch of items for my Savage Flux XS on my wish list at Tower, many on backorder for seemingly forever. A flurry of emails overnight from Tower Hobbies, such as
"the following item can no longer be purchased from Tower Hobbies, therefore it has been removed from your Wish List: HPI Racing Steel Steering Turnbuckle Set​
left me concerned.

Have any other XS owners, or Savage not-XS owners, have a similar experience?

I am sure that since Tower Hobbies is part of the bankruptcy proceeding that you will have to go to Horizon to get your parts for the XS.....

Yep. Most of/if not all my old wish list HPI items are gone. They were all for the Savage line. Just stuff I added over the years partly so I'd not forget the part # for reference. Like exhaust gaskets, the heavy duty servo saver spring, dual brake kit, receiver battery meter. Just over the past couple of days, I've had 4 or 5 emails of different things getting removed.

I had over 30 parts deleted. HPI firestorm, wheely king and Savage.
Previously Traxxas parts were also deleted.
In Europe, LRP (HPI distributor) has also gone bankrupt.
What a disaster:bucktooth:

Well the traxxas parts was probably deleted due traxxas's and towers hobbies falling out being they stopped carrying traxxas.

Per. Panther tires they wont sell to Tower Hobbies , I suspect the same is true for HPI.

Tower and all the other places associated with that bankruptcy are going to either be absorbed by Horizon or closed down... as will the non performing brands that were also sold to horizon hobby, look for many of them to just die off or be outright dropped by horizon hobby.....
Sad days for the industry in general as of now there is zero competition and a complete monopoly held by just one group of companies.... I do think they heydays of radio control is going to feel this for years to come.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back