Savage flux XL body ideas

Thread starter #1
hey guys, looking for ideas on a new body for my XL. I know proline makes some that will work but a lil short. Thinking about cutting the door section out of one body and splicing into another one. (6dr f-250) Making a plaster mold and making my own. Just sucks there’s not more out there. Not even stock bodies. Which imo are junk anyways. Please post pics of what you guys are running. Making my own would be expensive.

madgadget_1

I picked the raptor body up at a swap meep for dirt. Going to mod it a little and and see what happens.

The black body is a MRC thuder king which is my body of choice. The paint job is a long story. But it works and I have 2 more new ones to get it right.

Attachments

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
I picked the raptor body up at a swap meep for dirt. Going to mod it a little and and see what happens.

The black body is a MRC thuder king which is my body of choice. The paint job is a long story. But it works and I have 2 more new ones to get it right.
I'm not a sparkle kind of guy, but that body is a fantastic match for your dual engine savage! Did you do that paint job yourself?

olds97_lss

I know this is a sacriledge for some guys, but that exocage makes a big difference when you land upside down on the pavement
I have a t-maxx 3.3 body I intend on murdering a bit to put on my non-xl savage flux.

For me, a body is a body. It serves a purpose and that's about it. However, the traxxas body is hella thin compared to the X body it's replacing... should buy some of that spray seal stuff and put a couple coats in it before I mount it up. That's supposed to help cracking.

I have a t-maxx 3.3 body I intend on murdering a bit to put on my non-xl savage flux.

For me, a body is a body. It serves a purpose and that's about it. However, the traxxas body is hella thin compared to the X body it's replacing... should buy some of that spray seal stuff and put a couple coats in it before I mount it up. That's supposed to help cracking.
My non XL savage also needs a new body. I would love to see a pic of your project when its done.

olds97_lss

I haven't fussed with it yet, but it got me thinking, since your looking for an XL body, maybe an LST, MGT or genesis body would work for you? Those would be too big for my flux since it's not an XL, but might work ok on an XL since it's an inch longer.