Savage Flux X/XL vs skate parks - good combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattilda

Hey guys!

I really wanna get hold of a savage X or XL but I'm wondering how well it will hold up in a concrete skate park, as this is pretty much the only driving area near me.

The other option I've been looking at is an arrma notorious which looks quicker to maintain (I don't have loads of spare time for strip downs so maintenance needs to be fast).

I already have a savage XS which is a lot of fun but a bit annoying to take apart time wise.

So will I get a lot of breakages with an X/XL and spend half my free time fixing it do you think?!

I don't know about Arrma stuff, but with an X/XL you can count on bending shock shafts, shock towers, and shock rod ends. The diff gears will need to be updated to machined ones... I also don't think the battery boxes will handle the impacts while landing on concrete. Working on cars with TVP's like the Savage is also harder than working on cars with a flat chassis like the Notorious. If you want a 1/8 scale, go with an Arrma EXB. But in my opinion, a 1/10 is the best option for a skate park, in that scale you have the Outcast 4S and the Team Associated Rival MT10

Thanks for the views. Yeh I thought aobut the MT10 but I have a savage XS and figured it wouldn't be enough of a difference to get excited about - could be wrong though!

A 1/8 scale definitely has more presence than a 1/10, the only drawback is that it's heavier, which means it's more likely to break parts when crashing, but with the right setup and mods a 1/8 can take a beating. Check out kamakazi rc on Instagram or YouTube, man is the wizard of skate parks, and I think he uses mostly Arrma stuff.

Ha! It was actually kamakazi rc's instagram vids that got me back into RC cars in the first place. Dude has a lot to answer for... :LOL:

He does make it look extremely easy. I'm mostly landing the right way up these days so most breakages tend to be cos of the laws of physics rather than total incompentence.

ANYWAY - I've ended up ordering a savage XL cos the price dropped massively and I couldn't resist!

I'm going totry to drive it carefully (hahahah) until I've worked out how to skate park 'proof' it a bit...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back