Savage flux - upgrade parts ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2QIK4U

Gday all

Finally got my Savage Flux - yeah after 10+ yrs waiting :)

I have ordered a few parts....and started opening that can of upgrades.

I looked at Integy....they have nice looking kit but all the reviews says they're brown custard and they are the most arrogant and pathetic company to deal with...

So where else can I buy good bits?
* HD diffs, diff cases and gearbox
* alloy suspension arms
* alloy steering arms
* alloy axle housings
* alloy front bumber

Thanks ;)

Gday all

Finally got my Savage Flux - yeah after 10+ yrs waiting :)

I have ordered a few parts....and started opening that can of upgrades.

I looked at Integy....they have nice looking kit but all the reviews says they're brown custard and they are the most arrogant and pathetic company to deal with...

So where else can I buy good bits?
* HD diffs, diff cases and gearbox
* alloy suspension arms
* alloy steering arms
* alloy axle housings
* alloy front bumber

Thanks ;)

I reality the Flux is pretty stout right out of the box, I would stay away from suspension arms and bumpers, the gear cases and other shiny items may be available from FLM, IRC and a couple other places, reason I say not the arms and bumpers is you want those parts to flex under impacts from jumps and crashes, aluminum can and will bend and not return to shape as the plastics will....

Thanks JM...yeah I've heard that its better to have something that absorbs all the forces ???

Thanks JM...yeah I've heard that its better to have something that absorbs all the forces ???
If it doesn't flex, it will snap hinge pins or rip apart bulkheads, or both. I've had stock arms rip hinge pin plates in half and rip the hinge pin out of the bulkhead.

Was RPM arms:
2018-0422-SavageFlux-Damage03.jpg

Have had stock arms do the same thing:
2018-0723-SavageFlux-FLMHingePinRetainer01.jpg

I'd rather have an arm break vs replacing bulkheads. It's a pain tearing it down far enough to replace those.

I run the integy rear axle carriers and they seem to hold up ok. I hate having turnbuckles on the rear of a MT:
2018-0307-SavageFlux-IntegyRearCarrier-Top.jpg

2018-0307-SavageFlux-IntegyRearCarrier-rearStraight.jpg

I run those on my X as well. I do swap out the pins with 4mm bolts. I buy really long bolts that have a larger part that isn't threaded, then cut them to length. All of the bolt that is touching plastic isn't threaded, so it doesn't chew away at it.

These were the bolts I used, M4 70mm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/M4-x-0-70-...-Socket-Hd-Cap-Screw-Black-Oxide/352470167051

Way too long, but like I said, you kind of have to buy long, then cut the threads down to fit as you want the long unthreaded part for the plastic/aluminum parts to rest on.

Last edited:
In your list you mentioned HD diffs, the Flux should come with bulletproof diffs, metal diff case etc. I don’t know of a better diff to put in there, but I’m all ears for anything better than stock. Gearboxes are being swapped for a center diff and it seems like a good upgrade (I still need to do this).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back