Savage flux HP ESC programming issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino753

Hi guys,I just finally got a Savage flux HP.I got the truck in new condition,for a pretty good deal with 2 Venom 3 cell lipos,as the seller said that there might be a problem with either the ESC or the receiver,in that the motor was running at full speed weather the transmitter was on,or off,and he did t have time to fix it.

I bought the truck,and orderd a new fly sky transmitter and Castle Mamba monster extreme ESC.I got the truck and tried to see if I could fix it. First with the stick ESC ,and when I powerd it up it did not take off by itself..the steering worked but the throttle didn’t ,so I programmed the ESC and got the truck to work,forward reverse and neutral ...however the breaks did t seem to work .After going forward,and hitting he breaks the motor seemed to slam into reverse instead of slowly coming to a stop.I quickly changed to my new radio system and the truck programmed right up with working brakes.I have a few other questions I will just ask in the post,but can anyone tell me what they think was wrong? I also had to reverse the throttle channel on my new radio ,while keeping the wires coming from the Motor where they belong on the ESC

Did you calibrate the esc to the new receiver? Whenever you use a different receiver with an ESC, the ESC has to be calibrated so it knows where full throttle, full brake and neutral are. Otherwise it's making assumptions based off default settings or the previous receiver.

Yes the new receiver worked right away...it’s the stock receiver and radio that worked but had no brakes.when I hit he brakes it just slammed into reverse...any reason why?

Yes the new receiver worked right away...it’s the stock receiver and radio that worked but had no brakes.when I hit he brakes it just slammed into reverse...any reason why?
The receiver will more than likely work without calibrating, but it doesn't work right. So, if you haven't calibrated for that specific receiver, then I suggest you start with that.

Well,the seller said that there might be a glitch with the ESC or receiver because the motor would just fire up full speed as soon as you plug in the batteries.

So, I figured since the truck is still in new condition,I would just buy a better ESC as in the Castle creations Mamba Monster Xtreme 1/8 Esc,and a the flysky FS-GT3C.However I was hoping that the seller was just having a setup issue and I could fix the stock components.so when I got the truck I turned on the radio,then plugged in the batteries and turned the Esc on,and the steering worked but the ESC just beeped,...so I then went to try and program the ESC ,then hit the bind button on the receiver and the ESC started working , forward and reverse worked fine but I could not get the brake to work no matter how many times I tried to re program it....I installed my new replacement radio system and it programmed right up, forward , reverse, and brakes...the truck cane to a smooth stop instead of just slamming from forward to reverse line the stock radio did.

Ow also ,should I have bought a 1/5 ESC for this instead like the Castle mamba XL? Or did I make the right choice in the Mamba Monster Extreme 1/8 scale model?

Latest posts

Members online

Back