Savage flux Differentials pin Z260 upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelles

Is there an upgrade, for the savage flux differentials pin?

Part number is Z260

I don't know why but i cant post a link

Something broke inside the rear diffs and i suspect its the pin because there in no grinding at all when turning the right wheel, it turns totally freely. Therefore i wanted to order new pins and new bevel gears before i take it apart

Something broke inside the rear diffs and i suspect its the pin because there in no grinding at all when turning the right wheel, it turns totally freely. Therefore i wanted to order new pins and new bevel gears before i take it apart
Honestly I almost bet it broke the pin for the cup and side gear before it would break the spider gear pins..

Looks like i managed to break everything, the pin for the spider gear, one small spider gear and one big gear.

There was no oil inside the diffs which i never opened before. I knew they only add grease which is the main reason i reason why i managed to break them.

IMG_20220515_204916.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like i managed to break everything, the pin for the spider gear, one small spider gear and one big gear.

There was no oil inside the diffs which i never opened before. I knew they only add grease which is the main reason i reason why i managed to break them.

View attachment 9196
Ya I don't think grease caused that problem, landing off jumps on power is the leading cause of destroyed parts, practice lettin off the trigger when landing.. those side gears and 4 smaller spider gears that a hell of a load, I packed my diffcases with thick red grease when I built them some years back and they hold up really good to the .32 axial engine in my X

There was nothing inside the spyder gears, what you see on the pictures is all the grease was inside, IMG_20220515_204945.jpg

Actually no it wasnt a landing, i did a backflip on the wall and when it landed it must have been on throtle, but i was running on 4s.

Been running grease on all my rcs for near 30 years,
Doesn’t leak like the silicone diff oil can an will, I’ve tried every consistency of it over the years and always leaks, especially on the brushless rcs,
I use grease on my brushless truggys,
Buggy’s, savages both nitro and brushless,
Havnt had any diff breakages or leaking
Hpi only put a small smear of grease inside their diffs, I pack mine with Lucas red’n’tacky

I must agree with Sparky, I have 9 Savages and use grease in the diffs on all of them and have never broke one. Oil seems to leak out but grease stays put. Same with the gearbox, people put oil in them but there is a hole in the lower end of the case behind the brake cam rod which it will defo leak from.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back