Savage Flux Bursts into flames - See pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is great service! I feel alot better about the flux after reading this!
Thanks

Great to hear that they not only gave you a new truck, but ensured that it was properly set up.
HPI-total package Products, support and service. Glad to hear about your experience.

Last time I drove it, the ESC was fine but the diffs couldn't handle 6S power and the rear diffs gave out! After 3 weeks of down time, my modded Diffs are finally here. I can't wait to put them on and take it out for a run again. Thanks to Badass Savage for modding them for me. These new CEN diffs should be bulletproof!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, HPI has amazing customer service.. they replaced my F4.6 for me and even rebuilt my clutchbell and sent me a new pullstart. They are all about the customer being happy and I'm pretty sure they make every customer happy that they help. Great story, and glad its back up and running

Last time I drove it, the ESC was fine but the diffs couldn't handle 6S power and the rear diffs gave out! After 3 weeks of down time, my modded Diffs are finally here. I can't wait to put them on and take it out for a run again. Thanks to Badass Savage for modding them for me. These new CEN diffs should be bulletproof!

i need to hear a full report on how your speed is with the CENS. not sure if you'll notice a huge difference caz you have 6s, but if you do the math, I'm thinkin you should lose top end.

i have X, XL & CEN diffs, just wondering which set should go in the brushless.

i need to hear a full report on how your speed is with the CENS. not sure if you'll notice a huge difference caz you have 6s, but if you do the math, I'm thinkin you should lose top end.

frddyj, the cens are awesome on the flux! As far as top speed goes, it's still pretty damn fast with 6s setup. I can't even go full throttle without the truck flippin over. I don't see any need in changing the pinion to 25 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
frddyj, the cens are awesome on the flux! As far as top speed goes, it's still pretty damn fast with 6s setup. I can't even go full throttle with the truck flippin over. I don't see any need in changing the pinion to 25 either.

thx duck, wouldnt mind seein a vid if you can swing it. i agree on the 25t pinion, in fact i hear that it hpi only included it in the kit so they wouldnt get pwnd for false advertising 60+ mph, but they don't recommend using it caz it will strain & heat the esc & batts & whammo!

You'll actually gain top speed by going to the CEN diffs from the HPI diffs frddy.

The CEN uses a 9-tooth pinion and 26-tooth ring gear, resulting in a 2.89:1 ratio. The Savage uses a 13-tooth pinion and 43-tooth ring gear, which gives a 3.31:1 ratio. That means just swapping to the CEN gears will give you a 14.5% "taller" ratio, meaning it'll accelerate slightly slower but give a higher top speed.

Are the Flux diffs a different ratio?

Wow. Totally impressed with hearing about that service - Don't know about the UK branch though, haven't had any contact other than an enquiry about my Baja 5b - which they didn't even respond to. Hope I don't have any probs wih mine. I had a MMM V2 which I didn't even bother to put in on my ERevo when I had it cos of all the meltdowns.

just want to clarify:

"2) Tighten up the Spur Gear ALL THE WAY or your Slipper Pad will fail."

would it not negate the purpose of the slipper to have it locked down?

just want to clarify:

"2) Tighten up the Spur Gear ALL THE WAY or your Slipper Pad will fail."

would it not negate the purpose of the slipper to have it locked down?

Somewhat, but with the amount of power and torque these brushless motors put out, its alot better then simply burning the crap outa the pad every time for it being too loose. In the flux's case, tighter is better.

You'll actually gain top speed by going to the CEN diffs from the HPI diffs frddy.

lol, idk why i wrote this. i had run the cens for quite a while when i did & dropped my c/b to compensate :dunno:

act gave the cens away tho

Somewhat, but with the amount of power and torque these brushless motors put out, its alot better then simply burning the crap outa the pad every time for it being too loose. In the flux's case, tighter is better.

would you help me understand? the way i see it, the slipper is there to prevent shock from blowing up the drive train. when you lock the slipper, are you not causing more stress on the various gears and components in the drive train? it seems like a slipper pad would cost less to replace than any other component in the drive train. what's your take on this? thanks for being patient with a new guy.

Hollywood, a slipper can be a good thing, but it can be a pain in the behind too. I run mine tightened all the way down personally. It's more important to drive it correctly and you won't have to worry. Basically don't land on or off throttle.

would you help me understand? the way i see it, the slipper is there to prevent shock from blowing up the drive train. when you lock the slipper, are you not causing more stress on the various gears and components in the drive train? it seems like a slipper pad would cost less to replace than any other component in the drive train. what's your take on this? thanks for being patient with a new guy.

everything you just said is 100% correct.

only problem with the flux is 4s-6s, it is 34,0000 - 48,000 rpm Instant On! 0-100% rpm as fast as you can pull the trigger.

if you loosen your slipper any, that kinda rpm is bound to break the grip on your slipper before the power gets to your wheels.

but yeah, you gotta be carefull (if thats possible) so you don't grenade the rest of your truck.:drunk:

Latest posts

Members online

Back