Savage Evilution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teknoron

Well here it is guys, the start of something Evil. I have read a lot of post, have asked question after question. Now I am going to be doing the resurrection, the transformation of a Savage X to something hopefully more evil, mean and faster. Here are some in the beginning pictures. And any advice, any ideas are truly welcome!!!

DSC03776.sized.jpg

DSC03777.sized.jpg

DSC03769.sized.jpg

DSC03771.sized.jpg

And yes to those who are wondering about this paint job. It does glow in the dark.

For a start I reccomend a Pipe and engine :p.. And if you want the engine to survive, a Air Filter lol!

So what are my plans you maybe thinking to yourself, well for starters you will notice that the wheel-base is pretty wide. Well thanks to my $10 set of Intergy 1/8 wheel extenders I should be a lot more stable in turns at higher speeds now. The next addition is the Extended chassis that Blazer X is sending. The main reason that I wanted a longer chassis is very simple. When I blow up a roto-start backplate, if I even go back to using them. I will have enough room to put a socket with a one-way in it and start it with my drill. Then the next step will be the mid-tank modification. Which I want to just keep the original battery box, ditch the top cover, dremel out just enough for the tank to sit in and keep the original mounting for the steering servo.

For a start I reccomend a Pipe and engine :p.. And if you want the engine to survive, a Air Filter lol!

LOL! Good catch! and also 2 more body clips. That is the original HPI 4.1. I have ordered an Axial .28rr to power this lil monster.

Sounds like your on your way to building a sick looking truck.

Thanks! That is the goal, now if i can figure out how to hide a wheelie bar... The local track does not allow wheelie bars, more specfically nothing that will extend past the bumper / skidplate. was thinking about mounting it on the shock tower and notch the body so it would be hidden / blend in with the body. Or use a wing and just mount a set of wheels to each side of the wing...lol!

Thanks! That is the goal, now if i can figure out how to hide a wheelie bar... The local track does not allow wheelie bars, more specfically nothing that will extend past the bumper / skidplate. was thinking about mounting it on the shock tower and notch the body so it would be hidden / blend in with the body. Or use a wing and just mount a set of wheels to each side of the wing...lol!

If you can, try and post a pic of the rear as if you were looking at it at ground level. Like how I have a front and rear pic of my truck in my signature. Then I or other members can have a look at what you have to work with and try and come up with some ideas for you. Just my 2 cents on a way to try and help you out.

wat size rims
and tires are those?

So here is the new chassis from Blaxer X. Mighty nice and has a nice added support for those of us who really, really, and I mean really need it!

DSC03784.sized.jpg

The New STS D30M

DSC03789.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it that your attempting to deal with Half tank lean with all the fuel line...
You might try turnning the banjo fitting a 180 degrees,fowards the back of the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it that your attempting to deal with Half tank lean with all the fuel line...
You might try turnning the banjo fitting a 180 degrees,fowards the back of the truck.

LOL!!! You guys don't miss a thing now do you! I am actually working on the Mid-tank mod next, so i didnt want to cut up my new fuel tubing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back