Savage Development.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopIt

Certified Nitro Addict
Hey all ! Now that I can finally post pics after a much needed PC upgrade, I thought you'd like to check out the Savvy. The pics show it at various stages of it's development, so please feel free to browse and say what you think. The ones you see here are it's current stage, although I'm going to be fitting FLM combi bulkheads very soon, I can also change between the two sets of wheels.
Enjoy ! :bling:

IMG_0627.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0625.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0707.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0708.jpg
[/IMG]

My Album

Wow, thats nice!!!!:10: How well does the tsais dual exhaust work? Is that the c5 hurricane?

That looks to be more shelf queen, but still very nice. I thought about getting that pipe, but I tend to flex the bumper so far I would destroy the pipe. Also what tires are the big ones?

totally sick! I just hung mine from a tree and beat it after seeing yours.

clod those are cen gst 7.7 wheels,

how do they work on there bud?

Your truck looks great. I was wondering about the tires and wheels too (the big ones) What kind of shocks are those?

John

Thanks alot for your comments guys. The "Tsais C5 Hurricane 2"pipe works very well, but like clod said, it is very vunerable to rear end landings. No damage to it yet, but then I haven't beat it yet, just some track work.
Crash is correct, those are GST 7.7 wheels and tyres, they work pretty good, but they do give the old servo saver a good work out. I fitted those originaly because it was the only way I could get any clearance on the shocks when turning on full lock. I can only run the 40 series wheels if I space them out. I found some spacers made by Hot Racing that do the job, although I don't think they were intended for that use. I also had to gear it low to get decent acceleration (15,49). I currently have the K4.6 fitted, but I got a Force .32 complete with Nova head ready to go in, so that should improve things a little.
The shocks are LSTs, hard ano bodies and TiN shafts. I used Tsais shock towers and then made some parts for a custom fit. If you click on the My Album link there is more detail shown in there.
I going to be fitting some FLM combi bulkheads very shortly along with some Nova diff cups, so hope to get some pics posted soon.
I hope that answers a few of your questions.

Once again, thanks for your comments.

Awesome truck Hop. Do the cen rims take 23mm hubs, because the prolines are 23mm right?

Awesome truck Hop. Do the cen rims take 23mm hubs, because the prolines are 23mm right?

Yea, the GST 7.7 wheels are 23mm hubs. Don't do like I did and buy the Genesis wheels, because they are smaller hubs. I got some on ebay for a bargain, but then had to send em back after I explained, whoops!

There's one more thing I forgot to metion, when I built the shocks, I shortened the stroke somewhat. I used some of the shock rubbers off the original Savage shocks, I think there about 10mm or so. This was also needed to provide clearance against the wheels.

Members online

Back