Savage build complete!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNick

Hey guys, I wanted to share with you the build I have been working on for almost a year now. Everything is done except for glueing the tires and filling the shocks with oil. I made this video the other day and I think it is a good summary of everything. Let me know what you think!

Looks nice. I have that LST shock conversion kit in a drawer that I think I won on this forum and have yet to install it on anything... My flux hp came with FLM's shock stand offs and LST shocks, but the original owner didn't know they didn't work with stock towers and munged them all up, they also put the shocks at weird angle. I replaced them with the standard plastic big bores and threw them in a drawer to deal with later.

I wanted to comment about your pipe hanger. That thing is going to last maybe one jump, then it's going to bend and likely eventually break from stress bending it constantly, then your pipe will flop around and mess up the header springs. You need to figure out something more solid for that.

I got tired of fighting with mine and made a little L brace to support the center of my pipe in the middle, so the pipe hanger is basically just keeping it in place while the L piece supports it completely. A bit hack, but it holds up well.

The L piece has a piece of rubber hose on it so the pipe isn't resting on steel and I just drilled a hole through it and the chassis, then bolted it to the chassis TVP where I needed it so the pipe sat relatively level:
2016-0428-SavageX-LST2Pipe-PipeMountAndBrace.jpg

Looking forward to see that 28 rip!

To rotate the fuel inlet, you loosen the brass nut of the HSN housing, then you rotate the banjo fitting where you need it, hold it in place, then tighten the HSN housing back down.

THe wheelie bar does look like the HPI one that came on the X/XL/Flux. I think the skid had notches in it on those trucks that allowed it to mount up properly. I didn't care for it and broke a couple, then replaced it with the t-bone skid plate overlay/wheelie bar combo. It works a lot better and sticks out a bit past the body to help it not snag on grass during wheelies. I have one on both my flux and X.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back