Savage Battery Hump!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Have currently got a 6v 1700mAh Battery hump in my Savage, just out of interest what mAh are you people using & what make is battery please?

You cant get much larger NiMH capacity in stock radio box. Just remember to regularly charge it as NiMH will self discharge on prolonged storage. I also use LiFe battery as gives flatter voltage discharge at a higher voltage and very low self discharge, but you need a LiPo/life charger.

Okay thanks, was hoping technology had upped mAh output even in this old type of battery but the highest I can find is 1900 mAh, but guess space in Reciever box restricts this!

I've never had a LiFe receiver battery not last on a bash if it has been fully charged. I often had it die when using NiMH as only trickle charged, which sometimes is never long enough as was not always organised, ie. operator error. You may find a LiPo with a bit more capacity but then you need to think whether your receiver and servo can take the higher voltage. Best to keep it simple. The most energy dense battery commercially available is still lithium and that will be around for a few decades or more. The cathode and electrolyte may change but lithium anode will remain.

Also running 1700mah in both savages and have had no issues with power they last longer then I want to drive most of the time haha. Mine are tenergy brand got 2 for 25$

I run 1600mAh NiMH 5 cell humps in all of my 10 trucks, 9 are VP Racing & 1 is an Overlander Tornado found they last ok on 8 of them which are all running 150x85mm tyres but have 2 trucks running 170x105mm road tyres and find the packs on these 2 drop off quite quickly causing lazy steering, all the packs(humps) are less then 7 months old and were all cycled prior to use with an Imax-B6 charger. Am thinking of putting the 2 trucks running the 170x105mm tyres on Life 6.6v packs as been told they you will discharge slower and keep a more flat stable voltage.
All my receivers are FlySky GR3-Es

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back