Savage 4.6 x tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage232

Savage 4.6 shuts off when i start to accelerate and sometimes when I take off igniter. Any suggestions?

First off is change the glow plug, also where are the needle settings at ? is it a new rig or has it been fully broken in ?

I bought it off someone on CL and i used it for 1 month running great but then all of a sudden it became a pain to use and start. I don't know the carberuator settings nor do i know the stock settings for it to run good. I just wanna use it like before.

Here is the truck.

Attachments

• 1486-f7d786c525d1be1ca8e59e35cd4369dd.jpg
    1486-f7d786c525d1be1ca8e59e35cd4369dd.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1487-4fcb443ef8b2a6a2fa392e4aace49068.jpg
    1487-4fcb443ef8b2a6a2fa392e4aace49068.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 8
Ok i will try my best tomorrow to see if i can tune it right. Also does it matter if the purple engine head is missing one screw?

YES if the :ercm: is missing any screws it will allow an air leak which will compound your tuning issues alot....
you may be able to get a head bolt by taking one out and going to a hardware store to find a replacement....

The bolts are metric and should be 2.5 mm X 15 mm outta work ok... if needed you can always get one a bit longer and cut it to fit....

Yea whenever i started it with that bolt missing some fuel and air came out of it.

I have a spare engine that has all screws but older model so wondering if you have any screws?

Well take one out of your other engine and compare it to one from the current engine and see if it is the same, I probably have some here but I am a hoarder and would rather keep it in case I need them myself... :D

I got 2 tmaxx rollers 1 pro .15 enginr one 4.6 engine and a 3.3 engine and i cant find one same damn screw

I will put pro .15 traxxss engine on my truck easy engine and efficient

You need a new Glow plug and you have an air leak. Take it apart and seal the engine. Use threadlocker on everything. Get some new fuel line too. Air leaks will cause huge problems. There are threads here about sealing the engine. Ive never seen a head bolt fall out. Ihope its not beoken and stuck inside. Good luck. A little patience goes a long way.Mario-Kart-Wii-mario-and-luigi-9349943-1280-1080.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back