Savage 4.6. I have a question about the fuel tank damage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starletzzang

Hi?
Savage 4.6. I have a question about the fuel tank damage.
As shown in the picture, the filter fell into the fuel tank. Is there any way to repair it again?

I made a hole in the fuel tank and pulled out the filter to get rid of the filter that wobbled away from the fuel tank.
best regards

Attachments

• 20201112_165154.jpg
    20201112_165154.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 8
Try welding a piece in using soldering iron? I would get a replacement tank. Not heard of a filter coming loose inside the tank. Didnt know there is a filter inside as always use an external filter.

Better off getting somthing to thread into the hole from a hardware section,as said above,glue and nitro isnt a good mix

I think your better of just getting a new tank, I know of other truck tanks that would fit just don't remember which ones.

I think your better of just getting a new tank, I know of other truck tanks that would fit just don't remember which ones.
Yes new tank,but if he went through all that I'm guessing he was trying to make it work,tanks ive seen are a little pricey now wow....lol

Try welding a piece in using soldering iron? I would get a replacement tank. Not heard of a filter coming loose inside the tank. Didnt know there is a filter inside as always use an external filter.
Yes there is a filter inside. Seems to filter out fuel impurities

Yes new tank,but if he went through all that I'm guessing he was trying to make it work,tanks ive seen are a little pricey now wow....lol
I bought a used fuel tank. Thank you everyone. Later, when the time comes, I'll try to reattach the broken ones!

Latest posts

Members online

Back