Savage 4.6 dies when brakes are applied...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoneyMyke

Hello,
I am new to the forum, but have been running my nitro for a few years. Suddenly it started dying when I hit the brakes. I have tuned it multiple times, replaced the glow plug, tweaked the idle, lsn, and hsn. It runs great; but if you hit a jump hard or hit the brakes it cuts out. Please advise me what steps I should take next, thank you !

Quick question do you start it with the wheels on the ground or off? If off the ground do the wheels spin really fast like it would if you where running it? You could have a clutch shoe sticking to the clutchbell.

I believe the linkage is the issue. I start on the ground and use the throttle adjust on the controller to fine tune snd stop the wheels from spinning. I took it all apart to adjust the carb, it is shutting when I apply the brakes. I've been through it a million times and can't figure out how to stop the carb from closing...I am thinking the idle screw may be shot, as it does not seem to change the carb gap. Though the speed has seemed to "stick" when driving it...clutch?

A video would be nice check your clutch bell for bad bearings or if the clutch shoes are sticking to the bell also.

Latest posts

Members online

Back