Savage 4.6/3.5 rtr exhaust pipe differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14

Hey guys is there any power difference between the savage x rtr stock pipe and the savage 3.5 stock pipe?

I broke my stock savage 4.6 pipe and a mate gave me a spare pipe he had on his savage. It looks to be the savage 3.5 pipe.

I haven't had a chance to run the car cause of the rain so i thought id ask you guys in the meantime.

I don't think there is much of a difference .. All the stock pipes suck tho , if you can upgrade it will be one of the best things you can do for your engine

I have the ss pipe, i started a thread about tuning the ss pipe.

How do other tuned pipes like the buku perform compared to the ss?

I find that being a noob its very hard to get a decent tune with my LRP .28 and the ss pipe combo but with the stock pipe on the LRP i can get a tune in a second.

If i bought a buke and fitted it on the LRP will i encounter the same tuning problems as when i put the ss pipe on?

When you change pipes set settings back to factory settings
Then you wont be chasing a tune ... Then stat leaning the hsn until it's to your liking the start on the LSN

Just make sure you don't have any air leaks .. That lrp z28 is a great engine

I have had no tuning issues w/ my lrp/buku..

If you had the HPI polished pipe, thats a good beginer pipe. The 3.5 I believe comes with a composite pipe which is slightly less in performance. While the buku pipe does take a little more tuning you will see alot of benefit in power. If you want to see what a Buku pipe/ LRP .28 combo will do, there is a video on this site (I can't find it at the moment) you should see.

I have the ss pipe, i started a thread about tuning the ss pipe.

How do other tuned pipes like the buku perform compared to the ss?

I find that being a noob its very hard to get a decent tune with my LRP .28 and the ss pipe combo but with the stock pipe on the LRP i can get a tune in a second.

If i bought a buke and fitted it on the LRP will i encounter the same tuning problems as when i put the ss pipe on?

When you say how do you tune the ss pipe, I ma not sure what you mean. There is no way to tune it or any other pipe I know of other than the Buku.

when they say tuned pipe, they mean it is made to give you more power. there aren't any adjustments on the pipe. sme tuned pipes work great with some engines where with other engines they may even lessen preformance

the Buku is different than anyother pipe in that you can actually tune the pipe yourself. there are different springs, cones, spacers and an adjustment screw in the end of the pipe. what that fmeans it can be tuned perfectly to any engine.

John

When you say how do you tune the ss pipe, I ma not sure what you mean. There is no way to tune it or any other pipe I know of other than the Buku.

when they say tuned pipe, they mean it is made to give you more power. there aren't any adjustments on the pipe. sme tuned pipes work great with some engines where with other engines they may even lessen preformance

the Buku is different than anyother pipe in that you can actually tune the pipe yourself. there are different springs, cones, spacers and an adjustment screw in the end of the pipe. what that fmeans it can be tuned perfectly to any engine.

John

I'm trying to tune the engine to suit the hpi ribbed pipe with no luck. i can get it running alright but cant get a real good tune from the engine as oppose to having the stock 4.6 rtr pipe on the LRP which i can get tuned and ready to bash in 5 mins.

I was quite happy with the LRP/ 4.6 rtr pipe combo.

Now that i only have the 3.5 pipe to put on the LRP(ive given up on the ribbed pipe), will i notice a power loss compared to the 4.6 pipe or are they much of a muchness?

Latest posts

Members online

Back