Savage 4.6 17mm hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I have around 10 sets of hubs that have been used on various rigs with no problem.
At the moment 1 of my savages has losi 17mm hubs, the other has Mugen hubs and both fit
HPI's axle's with no problems.

When you say stock 17 using the black flanged lock nut?
You will need to upgrade the drivecups/axle to use the 17mm hubs.

Last edited:
if you plan on using that particular hex I listed yes
reason is the pin is secured with a set screw thru the end of the axle

I'm wanting the hpi 17mm Hex Hub Conversion Set but thats just for looks, ive never had a problem with the stock nuts and wouldnt go as far to say they are trash, they have never come loose or broken on me

I have the same ones Jam listed on my X4.6. The original nyloc flanged hex nut rounds off too easily and never could tighten well again. Probably due to the shallow hex shaped nut head which doesn't sit well in a hex wrench for enough grip.
Since changing to these I can say they work well as they should. This set is complete as it has everything you need to go on the axles for 17mm wheels.
No orange ones that I have seen tho.

If the standard hexes are tightened properly from the get go you won't have an issue. I've had the same set for 8 years without stripping.

If you strip them, it's a fact, you let them loosen.

using those hexes will stress the axles and bearings badly. if you want offset use offset wheels instead, those will probably work, but I am betting you break axles and waste bearings......

Nice one Guardian! Don't forget a pic ya!
But yeah...I would think the original stock nyloc flanged nuts, given the proper hex wrench, would last just as long. Sometimes different brand of wrenches sit differently.

Ah well!

Latest posts

Members online

Back