Savage 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blown68ssrs

Picked up an used savage 25 on the weekend with a bad rod. Put in a spare S25 engine. Fired right up. Don't know how good it goes yet. Snowing outside.
My question is: Will a stock Savage 25 drive line handle a Wasp .26?
Thanks in advance

Truth be told you can break drive line components with any motor. Between those engines there isn't that much of a difference, however the 25 came with some very entry level parts. Your best bet is to simply enjoy driving it until something breaks and then upgrade. :)

Reactions: Jr.
Really the only durability issue I had with my 25 was the dogbones, and even they took a few tanks to twist up.

Of course, 25 rtr servos suck, and the servo saver is a joke. Not to mention the ridiculous right and left hand threaded axle nuts, and 14mm hex's lol...

But I'm with X, run that thing till she blows and go from there.

Got it running and I concour with your comment. What is a good upgrade or mod for the steering defficiency? Thanks

Got it running and I concour with your comment. What is a good upgrade or mod for the steering defficiency? Thanks

Three things will give you much improved steering.
1. Hump pack. 5 cell 6V battery pack for your receiver
2. Upgraded steering servo
3. Change out the bushings in your steering bell crank for bearings. Size 6x10x3mm, buy 4. Fast eddy, a vendor on this site, is a good place to shop for bearings. http://www.fasteddybearings.com/

Well, got the enigne dialed in. Runs awesome. Smoked the slipper clutch.
What do you recommend I should replace it with?
Thanks

if u burn;t the slipper, be sure that it's tight next time. I crank it all the way, then back it off 1/4 turn

Got the new slipper and have it dialed in. The hump back battery helped for steering. It rips.
Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Jr.

Latest posts

Members online

Back