Savage 25 won't stay running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

I'm having issues with my savage 25. Can't seem to get her running. I Put the needle settings back to factory. I believe HSN 4 1/2 from closed LSN 3 1/2 from closed. I put new fuel in, installed new glow plug, all my batteries are good and charged up. I fired her up she ran for a second then died and I haven't been able to get her running ever since. Any ideas? Open for any suggestions. TIA!!

Check the radio and set the idle gap to about 2 mm with the radio trims centered, this may require removal of the arm from the servo, after that prime the engine and try to start again..... you sound about right for factory settings is the engine new or been run before, if run before the high needle may be a bit rich for running now....

Savage 25 is at the bottom there all by itself....
Nitro Star S-25
HSN: 4 1/2 Turns From Closed
LSN: 3 Turns From Closed
IDEL: About 2mm

Check the radio and set the idle gap to about 2 mm with the radio trims centered, this may require removal of the arm from the servo, after that prime the engine and try to start again..... you sound about right for factory settings is the engine new or been run before, if run before the high needle may be a bit rich for running now....

Savage 25 is at the bottom there all by itself....
Nitro Star S-25
HSN: 4 1/2 Turns From Closed
LSN: 3 Turns From Closed
IDEL: About 2mm
Great I will try that. Thanks for the advice. How much should I use to prime and what should I use to prime it with?

just plug the exhaust with a finger and pull it thru a revolution or 2 and then try starting again.... be careful not to flood it with fuel, just a prime is all ya need...

just plug the exhaust with a finger and pull it thru a revolution or 2 and then try starting again.... be careful not to flood it with fuel, just a prime is all ya need...
ok great I'll give it a try thanks again!!

ok great I'll give it a try thanks again!!
oh the other thing I wanted to ask is that turning the HSN and the LSN closed would be clockwise correct? I'm asking that because when I did the LSN all the way clockwise the carb was fully open. I just want to make sure I'm going the correct way.

yes clockwise is leaning (turning in) richening is counterclockwise (turning out) ....

yes clockwise is leaning (turning in) richening is counterclockwise (turning out) ....
Ok great that's what I thought just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back