savage 25 limited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGESMASH

My savage 25 limited has the duel disk brake set up but it does not stop at all any more and there is still plenty of brake shoes left but it is adjusted as far as it will turn without stripping any suggestions???

check and make sure the screws that hold the brake pads haven't back out any, take the adjustment screw off and put a section of fuel line on the rod and put the adjust screw back on, that will help for a quick fix, another quick fix is to take the brake rod (rod beteen the linkage and cam) out and bend it slightly (I don't like that myself). Or look at an ofna linkage mod there is a few post about them on the site, provides better adjustment on the linlages depending on the style you use.

Well you can replace the stock silicone fuel tube in the linkage with a firmer rubber tube that will not give or wear out as fast. Also, you can put in a larger section of tube on the linkage to close the gap a bit. Hope that helps!

make sure

Make sure the little brass cylinder didnt fall out. My screws backed out on my duel disc set up then the brass fell out. I just bought new pads for my duel disc and I don't like them at all. Going to a single disc and getting rid of the extra foo foo. There is too much crammed into one little spot in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Back