Savage 25 and X fuel tank relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blown68ssrs

I want to run the Traxxas EZstart on these two truck. Ideally, I am looking for a tank that has the same mounting but skinnier or relocate it to somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

the only place to really put the tank is where the radio box is( we call it a "mid tank mod") however, u have to put ur throttle servo inside the chassias, where the tank is.

take a look at how the easy start mounts. maybe it'll clear the servo.

a mid tank modd is usually expensive, but if u have the tools, u can do it for 20$. I did it a few months ago.

can u mock up how the easy start would mount and take a pic for us?

I will when I have it apart next time. Basically I need about 1 1/4" from the side of the block on the driver side.

There is no reference point to measure. I think it will clear the chassis.
WP_20150423_004.jpg WP_20150423_003.jpg

Not sure if i have my model variant right. I am new to the Savage world. This is what I have. The servos are upfront.
WP_20150423_006.jpg

yes, I know that. in order to mount ur starter, u need to relocate ur tank. the only place to put it is where ur servos and rx/battery are now. but u need a new place for the throttle servo. usually, it's right inside the chassias. maybe u could make a mount that holds the servo away from the chassias.

Putting the fuel tank behind the engine will leave it in a very vulnerable position to be sure.....

unfortuantly, the savage is a very crammed truck...ive seen people put it between the bumper and the shock tower.....only to have a cracked tank after they land on the rear bumper(it also looks very ugly like that)

Latest posts

Members online

Back