Savage 25 about to go crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sav25oslo

Dear all

My first ever nitro car. Purchased used.

Problem is wont start.

Heres what ive done.

Fuel tank. Line in is open. Line out is open. Fuel filter not clogged.

Carb. Filled it from air and fuel side with nitro and wd40. Open plug hole. Juice comes out of the top.

Close plug hole and carb. Wont suck fuel.

Remove fuel needle, clean it. Air flowing.

Stil no fuel and no start.

What can i do now?

Last edited:
Not sure how to test compression.

Flow plug works. Glow starter works.

When i use my longues on the fuel line og is still not possible to push fuel into the carb.

Will look at the manual. Thanks

Is it normal not to be able to blow fuel into the engine without the engine running ? Seems like i either have lost compression or the carb is broken......

Hi

With the carb wide open you should be able to get fuel to flow when you add some air pressure to the fuel tank, if nothing is flowing then you may have some blockage in the carb. Have you tryed putting just a drop or two of fuel in the carb to see if you could get the engine to start?

If there is a blockage it will more then likely be in this spot.
Screenshot (41).jpg

Okay...

Engine out off with cooler head and cleaned everything. The cylinder looks fine. No marks om the sides.

Am now able to blow into the carb using mouth on line. Re connecting line to exhaust and no flow from fuel tank.

Problem is obv no pressure?

Does that mean that the compression in the engine is lost?

Tried adding a bit og fuel manually and hot an almost start. Buying a new glow plug just to be safebut problem really seems to be on lack of pressure.....???

Could be your needles are set too lean and your idle is set too low which is closing off the fuel inlet.

If you remove the line from the carb and blow in the line from the pipe, does fuel come out of the line?

If the HSN and/or LSN are screwed in too far, they will seal the fuel off from getting into the engine entirely. I don't remember what stock settings are and they vary from engine to engine, but both needles flush with the housing and an idle gap of 1mm is usually a good ballpark. You won't be able to blow a ton of fuel through, but you should see the air in the line move as the line fills with fuel, then hear a quiet squish sound when it reaches the carb.

Hi

It sounds like you need to prime the system. Plug the end of the exuast pipe with your finger, and then pull a couple of times on the engine pull starter to get the fuel to move to the carb.

Latest posts

Members online

Back