Savage 21/Savage25 parts interchange questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOPAR MARV

Hello All,

Okay,I have a badly thrashed Savage 21 and I found a guy on another site who has a Savage 25 for parts.

Now I have been told by a couple people that the 21 and 25 are compatible parts wise but I figured I better check here and make sure before I end up with a bunch of parts I can't use.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yes the 21 and 25 are ,now with the x it does have some differences like the a-arms and the TVP'S...........

Hello All,

Okay,I have a badly thrashed Savage 21 and I found a guy on another site who has a Savage 25 for parts.

Now I have been told by a couple people that the 21 and 25 are compatible parts wise but I figured I better check here and make sure before I end up with a bunch of parts I can't use.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also check on ebay - you can usually get a box of someone's leftover parts for the equivilent of pennies on the dollar - not only fixes you on the cheap, but gives you a ton of spares.

What do you need? I have a milk crate full of arms, hubs, carriers, etc all off 21/25's that could use a new home - only ask ya to pay shipping - prolly like $5...

Bob

Cool!! Thanks for the help guys.

Now I'm off to wheel and deal.

Can't wait to terrorize the neighborhood with the Savage again.

Also check on ebay - you can usually get a box of someone's leftover parts for the equivilent of pennies on the dollar - not only fixes you on the cheap, but gives you a ton of spares.

What do you need? I have a milk crate full of arms, hubs, carriers, etc all off 21/25's that could use a new home - only ask ya to pay shipping - prolly like $5...

Bob

Hello Bob,
I've got a line on a more or less complete 25 on another site.Only missing a few screws and such. $75.00 plus shipping
The guy who owned my 21 really put a hurtin' on the poor beast,as in more wrong with it than there is right,then I added insult to injury,so I'm better off with a whole truck for parts. Or just put my engine[Mach 427] and a few odds and ends on the parts truck[probably the smarter plan,lol!].

But I may just take you up on your kind offer,since I am a "bit" of a maniac and lots of spare parts never hurt. Monster Jam Free Style is the best way to describe my driving style. lol!

I will get back to you as soon as I wrap up the deal for the 25.

Thanks,
Marv

True Alex - just gets expensive :)

Marv: Just keep the broken parts in a box to remind you how much you flog your truck - and remember, breakage is an excuse for an upgrade!

Bob

Nicest thing about the 21/25 arms is that they are totally interchangeable - you can put one arm on any of the four corners since they have the spring mounts on both the top and bottom - th X ones, if I remember right, do not, only on one side. I have X arms, but all my spares are 21/25 for that reason.

Bob

yes i know you can use them but was just stating some of the differences.. i know alot who have went with the x arms and stuff....

just making sure the info was in the thread :salute:

Id personnaly go with the X radio box... way better then the 21/25 style and so much better to work with, can find them cheap as dirt on the bay

Well,it looks like my Savage21 is goin' back in its box, again!

It is now a full week since I asked the guy with the 25 parts truck for pictures of the beast and not one word from him but he has posted other stuff for sale or trade since then.

Talk about depressing!! Due to my lack of income[can't work because of my back] trying to find a parts truck that I can actually afford is not looking good.

I guess I'll just end up putting my Savage engine into my Mammoth for now. At least that way I'll be able to run it some while I rebuild the Mammoth [24.7] engine.The Mammoth engine is so pooched that it won't shift the trans into second gear any more,but it was fun while it lasted.lol!

Oh well...I don't suppose anyone here has a dirt cheap Savage 21 or 25 basket case for sale or trade?

Thanks again for all the info.

i have most of a savage25 in pieces it all depends on what you need

Hey mickey,hello from the bald Canadian prairies!

Oh man,it would almost be easier to list what I don't need,seriously!

The previous owner was a real Butthead !!Wood screws and sheet metal screws every where,broken radio box,broken motor mount,the plate the mount sits on is bent,4 bent shock shafts,Automotive gear oil in the shocks!Bent Integy TVPS,stripped screw holes everywhere,home made body mounts[a real joke too!] stripped wheel hexes, junk tires,no front diffie and the list goes on and on.

Basically I've got good arms and knuckles,4 use-able shocks,engine,transmission,shock towers,fuel tank/mounts and a four screw rear diffy and a few use-able odds and ends. Plus my wife felt so bad about how messed up this beast is and bought me four new rims[$28.00 per pair] and a beautiful polished/tuned pipe[$50.00]

When the last front diffy blew up, I figured to heck with it, I guess I'll do a complete overhaul but by the time it was stripped right down and I saw how profoundly screwed up it actually is, I said forget this and tried to sell it for parts but its soo messed up that nobody else wanted it.

Between my wife and I we have over $300.00 invested in a box of parts that is sitting here collecting dust and taking up space.

I've tried finding a decent roller on eBay but I refuse to pay the over inflated prices most folks want to ship to Canada !

Then I started hunting on the sites I'm a member of on-line, only to find out that 99 percent of the folks won't ship to Canada because its too much hassle to go to the post office and fill out the customs forms ! So here I sit two years later,still looking.

So please let me know what you've got and what you want for it and maybe we can work something out!

Last edited by a moderator:
marv i can help you out with a diff,25 tvps, bulkheads and diff cases. i have to check on hexes and see if i have four good 25 tires that are useable. but i can also steer you towards 2 ebay sellers that i have had good luck with shipping to canada 1- nitronuttz and 2- plcman1 you will thank yourself if you put x style diffs/bulkheads in your truck as well as the radio box the ease of access alone is worth the 50 bucks you will spend on them

Last edited by a moderator:
marv i can help you out with a diff,25 tvps, bulkheads and diff cases. i have to check on hexes and see if i have four good 25 tires that are useable. but i can also steer you towards 2 ebay sellers that i have had good luck with shipping to canada 1- nitronuttz and 2- plcman1 you will thank yourself if you put x style diffs/bulkheads in your truck as well as the radio box the ease of access alone is worth the 50 bucks you will spend on them

Cool,sounds like a good start on my Savage rebuild.

As far as the X parts that will have to wait until after Christmas,we don't need unhappy wife and child action. Its darned cold in the dog house not too mention crowded,our dog is fairly large.lol!

Anyways let me know on the rims/tires and figure out what you want for everything.

Thank you,
Marv

Hey mickey,

I just re-read your last two posts and wanted to let you know that the condition of the rims doesn't matter. My wife bought me a full set of the black GT5 rims so all I really need is some tires to throw on my rims.

Do you want me to PM you with my mailing info so you can figure out the costs for shipping?

Latest posts

Members online

Back