savage .21 clutch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

i have the origional savage 21 and it has the 2 shoe clutch on it, i want to upgrade the clutch to either the alum. 2 shoe but i was told to change it to the newer style flywheel so i can use the 3 shoe kit. i don't really know what the benifit is to having a 3 shoe over the 2 shoe but i think that if i replace what i have with a newer one i will probably have better engagement, i have had this truck for 3 years and run a ton of fuel through it, i have yet to replace the clutch in it.
any ideas?

anybody? i thought there would have been at least one person here that has seen this senario.

i would go ahead and get the 3 shoe. you might can go to nova's website b/c i THINK you can also get a 4 shoe clutch. Check them out

Yeah, def get the three shoe and put the aluminium shoes on they are much better than the plastic shoes, much more responsive, much less slip. Only when I put them in did I realise how good they are. However I'm unsure how long they last I'm on my first set still, maybe 6 months on but maybe only ran 2 gallons through. I had them out tonight and there looking more worn than I thought, but who knows time will tell.

Hi 'on-spinners', the 3 shoe clutch is a great upgrade to get as it disperses the power better to the clutch bell, the aluminium shoes are tougher and hard wearing and the springs are stronger too, there is less frictional contact and a slightly later engagement of the shoes which prolongs there life expectancy, this also gives a stronger biting point and faster launch. I recently bought some off of ebay and paid £11.00 sterling for them, very inexpensive for the results....there are also various race clutches that can be adjusted for user preference but they will cost you a little more....hope this has helped bud!

thanks guys.....i'm gonna see what the cost difference between the 2 and the 3 shoe is i know i will have to go with a different flywheel with the 3 shoe....i guess i'll know sooner than later!

take care and thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Back