savage 1/5 short course truck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killergsxr1

hey guys..i thought i would share what ive been working on..i didnt want to reveal to much yet but i cant wait to share with the savage community..i love savages and i love 1/5 scale..and we all love the SC trucks on the market today..i have a hpi baja that i just did a custom build on,(i will share later) and I'm wanting a 1/5 SC truck..the only one i have seen on the market is the fs racing desert truck..thats also a gasser like the baja..so i thought id make my own 1/5 SC truck but i wanted it brushless and 4WD..something my baja 5t cant do is 4wd..ANYWAY...no extended TVPs on the market are the correct size to fit the FS body so to the CNC i went..this all started with a savage xl ..!!!!!

heres the body
ebay071.jpg

ebay075.jpg

XL plate
ebay094.jpg

CNC
ebay098.jpg

custom TVPS
ebay111.jpg

more to come

Last edited by a moderator:
wow awsome start,please keep us updated as alot will be watching this thread i'm sure!!!

That's sick! Nice work on the tvps. Rep for doing a great job.

I'm planing a similar build but I'm using all carbon and a firehammer MT body. It will still be a MT though not SC... Look forward to seeing your build!

the cnc work is kool to see, keep build pics coming as she unfolds

heres a pic so you can get an idea of the size of this body..it is next to my 1/8 SC truck..

ebay080.jpg

body sitting on baja wheels
ebay076.jpg

and heres just a quick pic of my baja build
ebay042.jpg

ok i got the kershaw transmission in and got my mamba ready..i don't think i will be using the tire and wheels pictured..I'm open to suggestions on wheel and tire combo...I'm looking for a scale SC truck wheel and tire

ebay154.jpg

ebay155.jpg

ebay157.jpg

man....that's sick. just sick. SICK!

just about done..had my first test drive today and this thing hauls and just looks bada*s...heres the pics

ebay201.jpg

ebay204.jpg

ebay202.jpg

ebay198.jpg

ebay199.jpg

ebay200.jpg

Very cool man! What size batts are those? Running 6S? They look thicker than the 3S batts I'm used to but that could be due to the large capacity also LOL. Please post some pics of it next to a savvy so we can see some size reference! Got any vids? Can't wait to see more of this truck!

i say get those apaters hpi made the 24mm ones. allows you to uses baja rims and tires on the savage. those baja5t rims with the stock 5t tires would look sick

i will be making some adapters myself for baja wheels..its hard to get the 24mm ones from hpi....and the batterys look thick because there high mah..and to my suprise this thing wheelies!!!have you ever seen a SC truck this big wheelie,its quite a site!!!

are you going to add more cross bracing to the rear to box up that stretch a bit ? looks a lil twistable

are you going to add more cross bracing to the rear to box up that stretch a bit ? looks a lil twistable

yea i sure will...i still got some fabing left to do then i will concentrate on bracing the frame and body..then i will work on shocks and rims\tires

how much does it weigh? nice metal-work.

i agree with big dan the 24mm hex adapters & baja wheels might be a nice addition there.

i don't have to much to show at the moment ive been busy at work right now so all i have to share is some posing shots..i have been bashing it and its holding up more than i expected..sway bars were a must..and i only added 3 pounds over stock...its funny when i take it to my local tracks,,the thing draws a crowd,i even caught a few people trying to get a look under the shell trying to figure out what it is!!!and when i tell them if a savage i see there eyes get big..i tell them it could only be done with the best truck there is,i wouldnt settle for less than a savage..even the track owners came to talk to me when they saw it clearing tripples at the track..it basically handles like a flux on steroids plus it smokes most in a strait line race bacause being long and the gearing i have i can punch it off the line and not flip over..and the best part is i was driving over those pesky traxxas down the straits!!!!man i wish i could get you guys a video!!!!

ebay205.jpg

ebay208.jpg

ebay209.jpg

for you guys who wanted a size comparison,here it is next to the flux...just made a skid plate and i will be putting a baja 5t bumper with the 4 lightpods on it soon for some badass lighting..it uses 48 white leds so it should be bright..and i just got back from beating the crap outta this thing in the desert and it held up beautifly..i will say the the goliath tires don't offer much grip..but no broken parts!!!!:rock:

new035.jpg

new036.jpg

new046.jpg

new043.jpg

new044.jpg

Members online

Back