sav x engine wont hold low idle - stalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

ok so what has happened i don't know, took car out for a spin and instead took my head for one trying to figure out whats wrong:

problem : stock sav motor keeps stalling in two circumstances...

the first, if left at idle.

second, after doing a high speed run, throttling down to brake, it then stalls upon return to low idle.

have spend many hours today, new years day, fidling with the idle, ls and hs needles. have also taken engine down checked over seals at back, changed glow plugs ( A5 os)

am kind of lost for ideas

any help appreciated !

adam

check your exhaust isn't blocked, also try replacing the fuel tubing, a small leak could prevent the take from building up enough pressure to inject fuel to the carb at low engine rpm.

failing that set all the needles back to stock and tune from there.

I would take the mill 0ut and check for air leakes for one next Its stalls at idle, it should stall after awhile because the fule is loading up in the crankcase..don't worrie too much about that ... and when u hit the brake and it stalls is most likly a idle adjustment or linkage adjustment. take your airfilter of and look at the throttle slide it should never close more then 1 mm hit the brake while u do this should be at 1 mm also check this link out on the second page about air leakes and engine sealing ok hope this helps u out man KEEP US POSTED http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm

hi i had same problem with my savage i took runoverbysavage's advice i took out my engine and found an air leak from the screw that secures the carb i resealed the whole engine it made a world of difference
:DJjam:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back