Sagging Big Bores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsavage3148

I am trying to get my truck ready to run again i haven't used it all winter. Seems my shocks are sagging quite a bit in the front. when i put the truck on the ground the fton drops like 1/4 inch. Think a refill would fix this?

Typically you do not want the shocks topped out (Extended) all the way. You want the tire to be able to fall into a hole when you go over one, this way you can get maximum suspension. To stiff of suspension will loose traction. just my .02.

My trucks all sag roughyl 1/2" from the top of the stroke when I set them down.

Ill see how it is once i get it all back together. It has a nice stance with the rear a little higher. look cool but i don't know how it will perform.

Softer in the front will give you better steering. Never a bad thing in a Savage if you ask me. When your on the throttle it will lift the front and level out.
The only time it might be an issue is if you hit a big jump going fast. Depending on how low it is the front might bottom out a little and make you lose speed.
Refill the shocks and see if that helps. You can also add some more of the pre loads to the shocks to raise the truck and stiffen the suspension.

Members online

Back