S 25 repair, porting and polishing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cse

Hello, need help to find photos of port and polish work on the Nitro Star s-25. I´ve searched the forum and all the photos are unavailable.
This is an old engine, but it has been sitting on a Savage 25 in a box for 10+ years and now I manage to start it and rode 4 tanks on it and sounded great till the old problem came back, the rear engine cover opens and starts working bad...I am now going to repair it with a new engine back cover and since it is dissassembled I´m going to do the full porting and polishing of the engine, so I need the most info on this engine as possible.
I´ll post pictures soon of my Monster Savvy and the engine work as well.

Hello again, couldnt seem to find that article so i started from scratch, and as i did the job i noticed that the engine block has a lump of material right after the front bearing casing that i don´t know if it is supposed to be like that.

I´d appreciate if anyone can tell me if it is supposed to be like that or if i should remove/grind it.

And there is also a bad finishing where the rear bearing seats that is also visible:

IMG_3137.JPG IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG

Not sure if it’s supposed to be there or not I would be afraid to remove it. I have a brand new nitro star .25 that I sent off to be ported and polished by a guy that was supposed one of the best around at doing it that was 10 years ago and never installed the engine has sat on the shelf but I plan on getting it running in the next few weeks I hope. Can’t remember that guys name he had lots of info on porting and polishing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back