Ryans HPI Bullet ST 3.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
Well it was my birthday last week and looky what i got, well its no surprise since i had to go and buy it a few days before hand... Still had to wait to get it though....

DSC_2004.JPG

DSC_2009.JPG

Brand spanking new HPI Bullet. It was a toss up between the ST and MT. Since the only difference was the tires and body i chose the ST.

Since most racing close to home was on road electric i bought up big in that feild. Well on road wasnt for me in the end, so off road it was. Since i had lipos and stuff i stayed electric, and got the flux, slash, ve8 etc....

Well i got my old nitro buggy out the other month (Cheap HSP buggy) and had a blast. When i first got it i was biggest newb and couldnt get it to run right, but now after reading up on tuning etc... the nitro bug bit me again.

This is why i wanted the bullet when i saw it. 1/10 scale, not to big, something i thought would be good until i get a bit more comfortable with nitro and move up to bigger better things. I see guys change there xl to a flux, but anyone gone the other way...lol.

Anyway, after watching the dvd that came with it, (i heard different ways to run it in and wasnt sure which was the right way) I broke her in and everything was going well. I went to adjust the HSN to lean it out a bit and i noticed that the buggy was spluttering a bit and generally just struggling.... I though to myself this cant be right, i have follwed each step paying careful attension...... well apparently not... i was turning the HSN the wrong way!!!! After adjusting and turning the screw the right way she started running like a dream. Motor is fully broken in and temp average about 200-210f.

I will load a vid of it during the week when my camera man arrives...lol

ok, Maybe a stupid question, but where on the motor do you take the temps? I have an ir temp gun, and i get a range of different temps (170 - 210) eg, on the top of glow plug 170, opn the glow plug around the base of it 180, around the base inside the head 180-190, on the screws that hold the head on, 3 of them say 200-210 the other i get 180, is it normal to get different temps like this or could it be a failing temp gun??

Anyhow, heres some more pics
How sweet looking are them rims.... lol

DSC_2006.JPG

DSC_2014.JPG

DSC_2011.JPG

I doubt it will stay stock for long, nothing ever does :)
I will update with pic, vids, and mods as i go....

its a rebranded hotbodies rc that was out years ago I'm sure hop ups wont be to hard to find

Yeah, I was out as a Hot Bodies g10?? Or something, can't remember the name off hand. Already been checking the hop ups... :)

once its run in, please get some vids up of it running. I was quite interested in the brushless version....

Latest posts

Members online

Back