Rx hums when radio is on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Deputy

I smoked a spur gear and after I replaced it, now my servos are suddenly humming everytime I turn on my radio. If I turn the radio off, it goes away. I've tried other radios to see if it was something wrong with it but its the same problem. I've replaced the batteries. Everything is stock on my X. Is this just something I never noticed before? Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you moved your motor the linkage could be pulling on the servo makeing it wine as well. Something is probably stressing or pulling on the servo making it hum. Usually its no just becuse unless they are digital which seem to hum more.

my servos hum as well some do more than others. But like larson said strain will make them hum more and louder. Just make sure at rest they are not under load.

How much noise do they make at rest and what are they?

I got a set of tower pro ones from SD in a truck I bought and OMG did they make noise those saw the trash can fast... My airtronics only whine under load at the end points. My JRs are pretty quiet too.

It's all good. I compared it to my dads 6 other trucks and they all sound pretty much identical. I just never noticed it before over the sound of the engine. Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Members online

Back