RWD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derikmills

My truck acts like it is in rear wheel drive but drive shafts seem to be fine. How is this possible? Am I missing something? I have just rebuilt front and rear diffs a d transmission after drive gear shredded. This possibly have something to do with it? I don't understand how it's even possible.

Okay, so I think my front differential may have slightly popped forward to where the gears weren't making quite enough contact. If I hold truck up all four spin. Sit it down and only rear have power. I took front diff out to make sure case screws were all still tight and when I put it back into place the front wheels work again. My brakes changed from 50% to 100% I think because when I brake going fast it will do a front roll from how hard it brakes. Could that have popped the diff out of place from the strain?

I read and reread this a couple times and it makes virtually no sense to me.....

Only thing that makes any sense is if the drive cup pin is missing to me

I'm really confused myself. I mean I am new to this, bit I see no logic in the situation unless the gear at driveshaft was somehow not connecting with the bevel gear on the differential? The four screws are tight with blue threadlocker on them. The box for the differential seemed to be together tight bit maybe it was a little loose and allowed diff to pull away from gear at driveshaft? Sorry, I obviously do not know proper terms for all of these parts. Hopefully I explained well enough. I appreciate both of you taking time to reply. Looking through the forums, you clearly have the knowledge I need. Thanks.

Yes. I actually checked that yesterday. Took all wheels off and cleaned and replaced with pins, hex hub, and new wheel nuts because I can't get through one set of batteries without wheels coming off. Specifically front left

Did you check where the front center drive shaft attaches to the front diff? Make sure that different cup has that set screw in and if so not broke.

I truly don't know what you're referring to, but I will check it out after work and see if j can't find it. You're talking about the gear on the end of the driveshaft in very front correct?

I see what you're talking about. Still working, but looked it up online. I will certainly check that when I get out of here. I could see that being the problem, however it does seem to be working again so I'm not sure. Thank you for your suggestions. I will reply with my findings when I figure it out or when I don't? Hehe. I like when things go wrong because I learn new things about the truck, but I had around 6 or 7 things go wrong writhing a two battery pack run yesterday. I think it is mad at me for letting it sit for a year without fixing it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back