running lean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbazz08

Just a quik one i was ruunig my savvy yesterday i noticed it was bogging down/very slow at full throttle,checked head temp found 200 degrees celcius not good what i did notice how ever the fuel tank lid was not closed right not sealing i assume,so i was just wondering if that could be the cause of the high temp,possible running lean thanx in advance..:drunk:

i would think so. if your tank is open that would be less pressure on the tank and less fuel to the carb. does everything else check out? good fuel lines, fuel filter, airleaks?

Every thing else in good condition,checked fuel filter,clean fuel lines no splits/cracks,that is the only thing i did notice,that the lid wasnt properly closed.

yep the lid being left open makes it impossible for the tank to remain pressurized so there wont be a constant "flow" of fuel.....

Just a quik one i was ruunig my savvy yesterday i noticed it was bogging down/very slow at full throttle,checked head temp found 200 degrees celcius not good what i did notice how ever the fuel tank lid was not closed right not sealing i assume,so i was just wondering if that could be the cause of the high temp,possible running lean thanx in advance..:drunk:

Did you notice any obvious engine failure following that high tem? I don't mean right away but after you fixed the problem.
Thanos

The next time it did do the same thing,so i turned the HSN back to factory setting,so far the temp back down to 110 degrees celcius,so i also think that possibly the needle wound it self down a bit also,has any one come acrossthis problem before.

The next time it did do the same thing,so i turned the HSN back to factory setting,so far the temp back down to 110 degrees celcius,so i also think that possibly the needle wound it self down a bit also,has any one come acrossthis problem before.

If the orings on it are junk it could. But you would notice a air leak unless your new to the hobby.

Members online

No members online now.
Back