RSC help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silspeed

I did the rsc on my truck and when I was finished noticed that the other hole wasnt ever made to mount the turnbuckle. Can anyone help with supplying a template or make a measurement on their rsc so I can drill the other hole?

P5130392-1.jpg

(useful information removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine doesn't have the 2nd hole either but still went together ok.

On the RSC, the turnbuckles go on top of the knuckle, not the bottom.

SILSPEED, are you saying there is no hole on the front knuckle to mount the turnbuckle? If so, contact HPI to get a new one instead of drilling your own holes.

(useful information removed)

Thanks to everyone for your input...the instrustions that came with the RSC do specify the turnbuckle to be mounted on top of steer knuckle and the hole that was never made from factory is supposed to be right next to the ball end on my pic. Its an easy fix but all I need is a drill and a template or measurement. The instructions also say mount the ball end in the hole I don't have. Without the other turnbuckle mounting hole, this causes a serious toe in and positive camber issue. Check it out!
P5130390.jpg

camber is from your upper arms. not that hole. this is the third set I have heard of w/out that 2nd hole on it for the turn buckle. Both of mine do and I use the inner hole. I think they have changed the design. in your first pic that whole arm looks smaller than mine

+1, if you wanna bring that camber back to neg, you can mount your upper arm
in the lower hole on the carrier (your in the upper now) & then adjust your arms.

on a racing set up, your gonna want that toe angle, so if you mount to the hole that you have, your just gonna need a small tweak on your turn buckles to tune it in where you want it.

i wouldnt drill any holes in the carrier, your in gr8 shape.

that hole is roll center fred not for camber.. just use the upper arm drop to the lower hole to change the roll center a lil more. I like the upper hole. If you want pics Ill post them just ask. I'm not going to clutter your thread with them if you done want them ...

I adjusted the upper arms in to regain negative camber back which in turn put more toe in on the wheels. I had also upgraded the turnbuckles to Lunsford Ti, which are a lil bit longer than original ones. This is why I need to make those holes in the steer knuckle.

Ive also tried dealing with HPI with other parts and have had to wait a few weeks for parts. Downtime = No Bash time!

measure from the stop to the tip of that arm and tell me how long it is. Do you have calipers?

DSC_0155.jpg

silspeed, can you take pics from other angles on your rsc? Just want to get a better look at it. Looks like you have lundsford turnbuckles, let me know how they work for you because I did not have much luck with mine.

here is what I have. You need calipers to get it all dead on. this set I have had about a 14 months

Outside to outside of hole set is .342 RED
Hole size is .1155- .116 green
Arm length as measured is 1.637
rscforthreadhelp.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Without seeing the entire upper arm it looks like you have a lot of space between the two plastic arms, whats the measurement between them? You may have them too far apart as this would cause the camber problem. the tow you need to adjust the turnbuckles. Appologize if you already know this, but I just don't wanna see you drill holes in this suspension since 1. you should not have to and 2. this is an expensive setup and wouldn't want you to ruin it by drilling unnecessary holes.

Thats why I want him to measure the arm first. It looks all different to me. the stop is shorter the cut is different. I don't think it needs to be modded I think its only hole is my 2nd hole

Thats why I want him to measure the arm first. It looks all different to me. the stop is shorter the cut is different. I don't think it needs to be modded I think its only hole is my 2nd hole

yeah I think that arm is shorter because they cut off the material where the first hole on ours would be. I would like to get a look at the bulkhead setup because other than the obvious toe/camber problem, for some reason, and I cannot put my finger on it, it just looks different. the uppers and turnbuckles may be too far out causing it, but until I can see better its hard to tell.

Thanks for thr measurements Bank and you may be right! The whole thing looks different to me also! Looking at your setup the stop hits the rear or backside of the carrier; as you can see on my pic the stop hits the front side. The arm and stop look shorter and stubbier also. Ill pick a caliper tool and see if the overall length is different.

yeah I think that arm is shorter because they cut off the material where the first hole on ours would be. I would like to get a look at the bulkhead setup because other than the obvious toe/camber problem, for some reason, and I cannot put my finger on it, it just looks different. the uppers and turnbuckles may be too far out causing it, but until I can see better its hard to tell.

It looks like the outer c is mounted more rearward in the pic. Is that what you are seeing? the whole unit looks more compact to me but that could just be that one arm being shorter.

You know looking at it again, and at the pic in the first post, I would almost say that C-hub is on the wrong side of the truck. In the first pic, it looks like the axle is pointing down. Am I in left field on this?

Edit: Not sure if it matters which side the c-hub goes on, just throwing ideas out there

it does look odd but his camber in the first pic says that out loud. I also think the tunbuckles are too long. But I have no savage experence with them what so ever so I wont go there.

I went back and edited my last post, not sure if it really matters what side its on.

Sil, it will measure shorter because it looks like they changed the length when they went to one hole. Try adjusting the uppers and the turn buckles to see if that fixes it.

I'll try a little theory to practice on the c-hubs tomorrow, I highly doubt those hubs are side specific, but I don't have anything better to do tomorrow.

Thanks for thr measurements Bank and you may be right! The whole thing looks different to me also! Looking at your setup the stop hits the rear or backside of the carrier; as you can see on my pic the stop hits the front side. The arm and stop look shorter and stubbier also. Ill pick a caliper tool and see if the overall length is different.
This is how mine is set up I broke the left tie rod end a few weeks back and it a lil out atm. that is not a illusion. I have just not got the adjustment perfect again. that body mount also does not sit that high. That is set to hold my GPS atm.

DSC_0158.jpg

I have it set so at full turn the inside tire is plated about -2.5 camber and the outer is in for body roll.

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Measured the arm today just as you did in the pic. The arm is 1.379 so it must be just the second hole!

Going to check brb

its close.. must be the lundsfords

I went to move my turnbuckles to the top and they are already on the top, I thought wrong!

Anyways I am following this because I am going nuts as to why my turning radius sucks!

Members online

Back