RPM sensor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

so here i added the Spektrum RPM sensor to my Picco. i had to grind away and cut the end off the larger of the two mounting brackets that came with the kit. it seams to me that the HPI flywheel could be a little bigger so the sensor has a better angle on the "dot" or "line" that you add. i used only one mounting screw on the sensor head itself just cuz of that reason. but all in all , it was not to bad of a deal really. this savage is almost ready, I'm just waiting for some cluch springs and a mugen nut, then i can mount this picco, and make my throttle linkage... and BINGO my first ever nitro will be ready for me to break.

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss197/Ducman82/?action=view&current=011-1.jpg

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss197/Ducman82/?action=view&current=008-1.jpg

Sweet man! So I'm assuming that sends a signal to your Spektrum radio? Or does it have small digital readout on the other end of the wire? That would be sweet to see your temps and RPM's right on your radio's display. Awesome truck by the way!

I'm actually upgrading this weekend to the DX3S because of these features. The mounting tip is great Thanks Ducman.

Their site is not that clear about the rx. Does the radio come with everything you need to set up all the telemetry? Or do you have to buy a new rx too? One of the pics shows a whole bunch of stuff laid out, does all that come with the radio?

Their site is not that clear about the rx. Does the radio come with everything you need to set up all the telemetry? Or do you have to buy a new rx too? One of the pics shows a whole bunch of stuff laid out, does all that come with the radio?

it comes with everything...

BUT.. you'll probably need servo extensions for the telemetry sensors on the truck. grab two of 'em in case you have to do any funky wiring.

ya i needed the wire extenstions. I'm trying to post what i think is worth posting as i build this truck. so thank you all for rep and feedback.

Thanks for the info guys, this seems like a really great setup let us know how it works for you I might get one for myself for both my XL and my Super Nitro RS4. It would even have enough memory for 8 more RC's LOL!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back