RotoStart2 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

I noticed their seems to be what looks like a charging receptacle on the left side of the starter just above and behind the reset button. Next to the receptacle it says "O/P DC 7.2V. Then below it has a "+" inside a circle, then a circle, then a circle with a "-" inside. Can anybody tell me where I can get a charging plug which will fit that. TIA !! Have A Great EASTER everyone!

get yourself a fast charger from the lhs or online go to radio shack and get a cord and plug to fit the charging hole. the + and - with the circles tells you which part of the plug is the positive and which is the negative. the + on the inner circle would mean that the female part of the plug is the hot and the outer ring is the negative. plugs with different outer diameters usually mean different DC voltages

Wait!!!

actually, before you waste you money on a fancy new charger, hold up...I'm pretty sure the port in question is actually an output (that's what the O/P stands for) jack, that runs an aftermarket glow wand...a pic would tell for sure, but I saw them for sale a while back on eBay...they plug into that outlet, then attach to/and ignite your glow plug...I don't know if you'll be able to charge thru that port, and I would guess not...

:motorcycle:

k0m0d067.. I think you are probably right about the OP being output.. makes sense.... BUT... If I take the rotostart apart and trace the wires and there are no apparent diodes, resistors, etc between the jack and the batterys... doesn't that suggest I could use it to charge ? Granted... an electrician I am not... just my thoughts.. (I don't need a new charger.. just the plug.. I can wire the new plug into my existing charger)

Have A Super Easter Sunday All !!!!:Xfingers:

I don't have a plug... I have to take the battery pack out of the rotostart each time I want to charge it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back