rotostart button

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koiboy

Hi,
I have a roto start 2 and the button is broken. You have to press it in a certain way for it to work and i still think that the roto start isnt going as fast as it could. Please can someone point me in the right direction of a switch which will work so I can buy it and solder it on

Thanks
Elliot

Last edited by a moderator:
Id say call HPI on this one. I had it happen to me and i took it out played with it alot and it magically worked again. Sorry not much of help.

Yeah call up HPI see what they say.
Or go to Radio Shack, Future Shop, The Source ect ect and i believe you can buy a switch similar to the roto start one for a few bucks and solder it on.

or go to a pull start :)

i cant say for sure but it wouldnt surprise me if hpi replaced your roto start or atleast the button free of charge as i have heard them doing that on numerous occasions,there customer service is top notch!!!!

Or you could take a cheapie cordless screwgun and use that...Or maybe you can find a broken Rotostart on Ebay for cheap and get one?

I will drop hpi an email but its probs out of warretny plus I bought it second hand. I have found one at the local electronics store so porobs just go get tht for a couple of quid and solder it on :)

On the oringinal hpi switych it says 2A 250v and 5A 125V

On the switch I am looking at Contact rating: 1A @ AC 125 V
0.5A @ AC 240 V
Panel cut-out: 11.3mm x 12.6mm
Overall length: 25mm
Length behind bezel 0.5A @ AC 240 V

wil this be opk as its only 0.5 A?

Regards
Elliot

For the time and hassle, you can have a new one for $20 through ebay.

As far as that switch is going to work? You need to open up the roto start and find out the motor rating. If the motor rating is 1A your switch will work. Basically what this is a rating on how much current you can run through the switch. You put more current through it than what it is rated for and you will melt the switch or arc the contactors closed in the run position.

Hi,
I would buy a new one except in the uk they are £40. I have fixed the problem by taking away the red it in the button and just pressing down on pinbit. Works every time 'so alls good in the hood' :)

Thanks
Elliot

Latest posts

Members online

Back