Roto start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooleguy35

Hi all,

Had my new savage a couple of weeks now and loving it.

On the 1st run the rotostart back plate had come loose which caused the two rounded edges around the screw holes on the engine backplate to break off, hence i cant get the screws to fasten in. so now i have only one screw holding the rotostart to the back of the engine, which comes loose all the time.

i have tried using adhesive silicone to hold it in place and a couple of bigger thread screws. but no luck.

my friend had same problem with his, but luckily he did not damage his engine backplate.

i don't fancy having to buy and replace the engine crankcase.

any ideas how to solve this problem ?

thanks tony :thinking:

brilliant thanks maximus. thats good news about the backplate. yeah will definetely loctite the screws this time. thanks again buddy

nice one, glad you mentioned that or i would have got the red loctite.

do you know anytihng about the slipper clutch? i replaced my spur gear and as per manual i tightened the slipper clutch nut up fully and turned back half a turn.

but I'm finding after a tank of fuel my flipper clutch is melting the back of the spur gear. i have read a couple of topics on here and its saying fully tighten then nut and do not half turn it back. would that not put the drive train at risk ?

I'm just wondering if the nut is coming loose thats causing it ? or maybe i should do it as spec again and loctite it and see what happens.

yes i can vouch for lyles work!! he did a lid for me and i love it!! "yes lyle pics are coming now that I'm back!" lol

Wow maxi

love the pics you sent me in the links. you are a very talented guy. its just amazing how much detail can be sprayed in such a small area and on such strange shapes of the lid. i cant imagine how you would even start doing anything like that, as you guys over the pond say AWESOME.

Do you do them to order i mean if i wanted one could you do me one.

i would not wanna bash my savage with it on tho. i would just wanna look at it.

cool shaun. yeah i want to see the pics ... glad you liked it so much ..
yeah its still a learning curve with me cool guy.. like you said its hard on all the contours of the body and that small... and also everythings in revere.. the colors you see first goes n layers in a reversed order than if you were painting on the outside of the body. so it takes some learning .. and yeah i try to paint to order depending on if its something i can do n can visualize what you are ..lol just pm me your idea..

in the first link, the pink ford with the sexy lady and the word skin on it.

i was thinking same lid, same colour with a sexy lady sillohuete lets say sat down side view with her knees bent up to her chest type of thing. with writing either side of the body, on one side HPI on the other side RACING and on the front bonnet my name TONY on there in the same gangsta stylr font.

wow that would be awesome.

sorry max, yes just like those on the back of the trucks. would look really cool. make my savage bashing buddy so jeallous.

either that or get a chess piece done on it ( the bishop symbol ) and have bashing underneath it. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back