roto start problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar390

the piece that you stick the roto start into is really loos how do i tighten it up my car will still start but its very loose

Are your talking about the shaft ?

I think he is talking about the rotostart backplate that is screwed down into the backplate of the mill.. the same problem I had last week with my rotostart hanging off the back of the mill.

If that is what you mean Cougar, then just pull the motor off the truck and secure the rotostart backplate using some threadlock on them screws and tighten it down till It's good and snug.. viola! problem solved

The hardware is as follows

Two M2.6x8MM Cap Head Screws
Three M2.6x12 Cap Head Screws

just take the engine out and tighten the screws , You don't want dirt and carb getting back there

If the roto start plate itself is loose its going to crack the casing from the movement when you start the truck. It also can cause the OWB to break sooner and it can crack the backplate that its fastened to. There isnt much material for the screws to bite into on the backplate so if the roto plate is slapping around its going to break it. don't over tighten the screws or you will have the same problem.

just use a little bit of blue threadlock on the screws.. snug them down and you'll be alright.. Ive done the same thing using a little threadlock and snugging them down no the plate doesn't budge and It works fine..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back