Roto battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HPISF-POLICE

When I had a roto start all i did was got a plug like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSGL0&P=ML and some like battery charger(1/1 scale cars) clips and hooked it right to the car battey.Yes you have to start it by the car every time but you won't have to end the day cause your roto went dead.

Now if that help one person keep bashing the I've done my part. LOL

That's a great idea. It would be a good idea to have that set-up as a back up. We could have used something like this when Dreadnaught came to IN to bash and all rotostart batteries were dead!

when I had roto it worked fine. Since it is the same as a r/c motor and you can run (2) 7.2 packs on those safley.

I believe you can run them either way one will give longer runtimes and the other will give more power.

That's a great idea. It would be a good idea to have that set-up as a back up. We could have used something like this when Dreadnaught came to IN to bash and all rotostart batteries were dead!

this woulda been handy, I'm not gonna lie. when i got back i put both batts on the charger, and i haven't used the 1800 yet, so its at full.

btw, i had it pullin wheelies today, then the carb went all wacky.

I have a black and decker 18v cordless drill, two batteries. It turns the motor just as good as the rotostart. I make sure however to turn the tension setting down to about, 4, That way, if the motor does happen to hydrolock, it won't hurt anything. With two batteries, I can continuously start my truck for weeks at a time if needed. :) I have only once so far in over two weeks had to charge a battery. And the biggest bargian is, the battery for my drill is only 23 bucks versus the 13 dollar "cheap" rotostart batteries at the LHS. :)

I however don't recommend using a cordless drill unless you can slow the speed down to where the rotostart usually runs. Especially having a torque control on the drill though, if you don't have a torque control, don't use it. If your motor hydrolocks and you torque it to hard, you can actually do serious damage to the motor. :)

I made a little converter cable so I can plug my LiPo's into the rotostart, they work great. use 7.4 volt LiPo's. I have tried a 11.1 volt LiPo it really speeds up the motor in the roto though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back