rotary carb instead of a slide carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

anyone know the pro's and/or cons of each??

I think the slide carb gives you better and quicker response than the rotary, also the slide carb linkage is easier to setup. The rotary however takes up less operating space, compared to the slide. Hope that was of some help.

found this on another site:

ROTARY CARBS. If two engines are identical except for carburetor type, the rotary-carb model will generally be less expensive, and saving money is always a plus. A rotary carb is also easier to set, as the low-speed needle setting is not as affected by changes in the idle-speed setting as it may be on a slide carb. But, once again, the lower-cost option isn't the best pure-performance choice; at partial-- throttle, rotary carbs don't allow incoming air to make a straight shot through the carb, and the resulting turbulence makes rotary-- carb engines transition to full throttle less smoothly than slide-carb engines.

* SLIDE CARBS. A slide-valve carburetor provides more consistent response throughout the engine's rpm range. A slide carb might make it slightly more difficult to maintain the low-speed mixture when making idle-- speed adjustments, but otherwise, it's just as easy to tune as a rotary.

Some slide carbs have three needles instead of the two needles common in rotary carbs. The third needle offers a limited mid-range fuel-mixture adjustment. The low-speed needle and mid-range (third) needle must be adjusted simultaneously to avoid disturbing the low-speed mixture. Opinions vary about the effectiveness of the third needle, so it's best to just leave it as it was set at the factory.

good to know...thanks fellas...too hard to find anything useful anyway...found some antique lookin ones, and was wondering if they'd work...sounds like more trouble than they're worth...

there's probably a reason they aren't readily available...LOL

ah then you have never seen a 4 stock powered tmaxx or savage?!

4 stock = 4 stroke?

yeah sorry, my bad getting late and eyes are going buggy:eyecrazy: I meant to say 4 stroke.

no neither have i, post up a vid if you know of one handy. after owning a .15 with a rorarty carb and a 4.6 sav with a slide, the slide is smoother, if you are smooth on the throttle, whereas with the rotary, it was hesitant until at full chat. :bang:

Latest posts

Members online

Back