Roll Bar for savage 1st mockup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

this is the first stage of My roll bar now going to weld on the supports. But I did bash/race with this today as is just to check the strength of the main frame as you see they drop all the way down the shock towers for added strength..any here they are STAGE 1View attachment 533

View attachment 534

View attachment 535

Not only that the Dynamite .28 is doin pretty good got almost a gallon threw it.

It's really hard to see with these pics, just how much of a good setup this rollbar is going to be. These bars worked pretty damn good, as far as I could tell, racing around with bro-hound today. Once some additional support bars are in place, this cage is going to be very strong and functional. It's just a matter of "wait and see," for the final product. The cage is not designed to support the wieght of a full sized frig'in car... It just adds protection where it's needed most...On the savage. Today, Savagecre and I, were bash/racing on the hometurf, figure 8 style, on a track with a ramp that was placed in a less than favorable spot.....lol. We had a total blast and plenty of close calls, for a change. Cre got me some of this same material, he's using here. Thanks bro. I'll have a shot making my own version of this same project. This is high grade, featherwieght aluminum alloy. I like his cage's general layout. It indicates a great potential in it's application, with a supprising level of simplicity. Savagecre took some big hits and scrapes today. He's convinced these bars saved him alot of potential breakage at every turn, from the get go. I for one, agree with his conclusions. - Good job with this one, bro.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks tough! So you plan on not running a body?

No body the truck looks cool to me with out the body. Plus as cheap as the aluminum bar stock is I'll make more. It kinda reminds me of a Quarter Miggit in a weird way who knows mabey I'll turn it into one. As far as strenght goes i am going to make it as strong as possible. Well got my welder today wish me luck!

Well did a little test piece and was able to bend the rod back and forth with out breaking.... but it took me a few tries this is harder than brazing steel. thats for sure. I want to be able to do this with out having my welder at work do it with his TIG welder... will see its hard not to melt the rods you cant see when its time. It just melts right NOW! lol I think I'll get it I also found that using Aluminum Flux with the Alum. welding rod will help.

Ok I now have 10 sticks 12' long in 5/16 aluminum and just made a new bar out of this size. The 1/4 size held up to I'd say Light/ med bashing so the 5/16 rod should hold up to a lot more its very hard to bend. Posting pics soon this one should be STAGE TWO. 10 more sticks of 1/4 coming this Friday..

Members online

No members online now.
Back