Robinson Racing Clutch Bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Down

Hi all. I have recently replaced a trashed standard Savage slipper clutch with a Robinson Racing upgrade. But, advice has been to fit the RR clutch bell to match. So I’ve ordered one. My query is are they difficult to fit? How much disassembly is required. Thanks in advance.
Chris.

All you have to do is take the engine out, remove the screw at the end of the crankshaft, slide old clutchbell and any washers on there off and just reassemble with the new one. No make sure you shim the bell correctly so that the bearings don't get destroyed immediately. The bell should completely cover the clutch shoes, and it should have a tiny amount of play front and back.

All you have to do is take the engine out, remove the screw at the end of the crankshaft, slide old clutchbell and any washers on there off and just reassemble with the new one. No make sure you shim the bell correctly so that the bearings don't get destroyed immediately. The bell should completely cover the clutch shoes, and it should have a tiny amount of play front and back.
Eeek! Sounds a bit complicated but sure I can do that. It seems silly to fit a hardened spur to a standard pinion.

The reason we say to run the robinson bell with the robinson spur/slipper is because they are made out of a much harder metal and will almost immediately ruin the standard clutchbell which is much softer. Once you start getting into it, its pretty self explanatory. Pretty hard to mess it up. Make sure the bell bearings are good as well since youre in there, they go bad quite often if the mesh is set wrong or was at one time

The reason we say to run the robinson bell with the robinson spur/slipper is because they are made out of a much harder metal and will almost immediately ruin the standard clutchbell which is much softer. Once you start getting into it, its pretty self explanatory. Pretty hard to mess it up. Make sure the bell bearings are good as well since youre in there, they go bad quite often if the mesh is set wrong or was at one time
Ok thanks, the truck is new with about five tanks of fuel through it. I ran it in heavy wet grass which I think was the reason the slipper blew!
I have ordered a RR clutch bell to match the new slipper. I’ll follow the instructions, should be ok. ?

Hard spur, standard bell, 1/2 tank on an OS21RG (low power big block engine):
2004-0921-TMaxx-ChewedCB01.jpg

Was back in my big block t-maxx days with an RC Solutions tool steel 1M spur:
2004-0921-TMaxx-RCSolutionsSpur02.jpg

Hard spur, standard bell, 1/2 tank on an OS21RG (low power big block engine):
2004-0921-TMaxx-ChewedCB01.jpg

Was back in my big block t-maxx days with an RC Solutions tool steel 1M spur:
2004-0921-TMaxx-RCSolutionsSpur02.jpg
Eww that’s a mess. Glad I’ve decided to match them both.

I'm hearing mixed reviews on the rr racing clutch bell, some people are saying the bearings don't fit properly in the bell, ie too loose?

I'm hearing mixed reviews on the rr racing clutch bell, some people are saying the bearings don't fit properly in the bell, ie too loose?

This is not true. I don't know who is saying this but its false. They fit just fine. They are not supposed to be press fit in there. If they were you'd never be able to replace them. They come in and out by hand with little to no force but they are NOT loose.

Latest posts

Members online

Back