Robinson racing 44t spur install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddie_fiddler

Bought the RRP gen 3 slipper spur for my flux. Overall very happy with how it looks, just having some issues with installing it properly. I installed it using the spring and nut setup from the standard hpi spurs but the clutch still seems to want to slip after 5 or so minutes of use.

https://www.amazon.com/Robinson-Racing-Products-Slipper-Steel/dp/B004ZIOEPK

Any advice on how to install it properly? Or do I just need to make it tighter?

I have this for my Savage SS and got it set last week. It was slipping nonstop until it was practically fully tightened. I used one hex washer along with the stock spring, nut and a standard washer between the spring and nut.

Since the slipper pad is so hard it might've helped to sand it along with the surface of the backplate and spur down gently with some fine sandpaper, but for now I have mine tightened almost all the way. My engine was screaming and it was moving at 10mph, then when I kept tightening the truck was picking up speed. At first I thought I was having transmission issues.

I am using the 48/16 RR combo on mine with a stock HPI slipper setup, I locked it down (spring fully compressed) when I build it a long time ago and it has not given one problem to me and it still slips and keeps my gears safe even with it locked down tight....

Latest posts

Members online

Back