Road Savage shock question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxxNate's SavagexxX

I got banned, that's why my name is yeller - IGNOR
well as most of you know i am making my savage into a road savage..

i was wondering what shocks i would need or what would be the best setup for me...

i don't want this to turn into a CEN/LST argument but ill take any suggestions and the most i see will be put into a poll...

i really want this thing to handle well....

its going to be driven with street tires on gravel/tar/sand....so...yeah...

My vote would be for the CEN shocks for two reasons:

-Cost...It's easy to find sets of 4 for $20 or less, and no additional parts are needed to install them.

-Length...They are shorter than either LST or Savage shocks, so they'll lower your CG nicely for street/gravel driving.

cool! i really hate jumping my savage...it NEVER finishes a race!

but its really good on the street and is also a blast!

I'm with sunkenmetal if this is only for the road.

My vote would be for the CEN shocks for two reasons:

-Cost...It's easy to find sets of 4 for $20 or less, and no additional parts are needed to install them.

-Length...They are shorter than either LST or Savage shocks, so they'll lower your CG nicely for street/gravel driving.

+1 for Judge, if you have money to spend on this project, those are the shocks i would use.

you don't like jumping your Savage:slapped: ........... just use the stock shocks and use this mod to lower your ride height http://www.rcbasher.com/savshockmod.html

But this is a great option as well, Good link sunken. I will try this on some metal shocks I have.

i love jumping my savage but my track i go to is way to abusive on my truck

I am a LST guy as I am an off-roader. However if I were to make a on-road Savage I think I would go with the Big-bores other than we have no clue how they will preform but more than likely go with then CEN's like The Judge said as they are about 1/4" shorter and still give the smooth dampening of the LST's. You will probable have to get softer springs because I have heard that they are a fit harsh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back