RJ's truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

just me
ok guys seeing as i have a savagex roller sitting around , i was thinking of converting it to electric so my son who is now 1.5 years old will have a rc when he gets a bit older. i was thinking of doing a brushed setup so that it doesnt have crazy power but something he can learn with. beeing an electric noob I'm gonna need some help with this. any opinions in this regard would be great.

i already know i want it to be NiMH or nicad for now and i will put some flux batt boxes on it. once he gets older it can be turned back to nitro or into a bl monster.

maybe look at the e-savage setup it uses brushed motors or else go brushless and program the esc and controller to not full power i know on my radio i can turn the throthle way down

Some escs don't like throttle input to be turned down, just be aware.

Kershaw has a dual motor mount. I'm using it with a single castle 2200 and its been holding up. Then maybe an emaxx dual motor brushed esc off the bay for cheap. Esc also should have" training" mode for kids.

Good luck in your electric adventure.

meatwad got any links to the kershaw mount? i like the idea of 2 550 sized motors. with the traxxass esc

Latest posts

Members online

Back