REVIEW: Integy's Ultimate Braking System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

This will be an ongoing review as I run them more and more. Its the race truck so they just don't see the action that the basher does but when its being used they do go through a lot. I now have 2 gallons on them and decided I would let everyone know what I thought of them so far.
Its a great looking upgrade, maybe a little overpriced, but I guess I will find that out when I see how long they last. I was impressed with the titanium pads for sure. They are nice and thick and made very well. I wasnt too impressed with the brake disk though. Its very light and doesnt look the part of a heavy duty brake pad.
Here is what I got out of the package......

i70mjr.jpg

And here is a closeup of the sweet looking pads....

i3f7ya.jpg

Went together very easy. No instructions needed if you've worked on the brakes before. Took me longer to get the grub screw out of my old cup than it did to install the new setup. Here is a pic of it new and all installed......

kbd7gp.jpg

Now its 2 gallons later and I must say I'm feeling good about this purchase so far. I have had problems in the past with my high torque servo locking the disk up and the brake nut cutting the center of the disk out. So far this one looks good. Still fits nice on the nut so I guess it wasnt as cheap as I first suspected it was. Disk looks good with no visible amount of the pad worn away. Its obviously been used, but not used up. lol
The pads also look very good. No wear at all on them. Same for the brake nut. No groove eaten in the center of it from the disk.
Here are the 2 gallon mark pics. Excuse the dirt, I'm still cleaning after yesterdays race. No other monster trucks showed up so I raced pro truggy class with my Savage and took 2nd in the main. ALL HAIL THE SAVAGE!!!

1zd3r43.jpg

1zl3ccp.jpg

Fit: 8 - I had to leave the screws just a hair loose or the pads would drag on the disk. Not a big deal since the included screws were so long.

Look: 10 - looks great, what can I say.

Function: 9 - I do notice some brake fade near the end of a long main. But aside from the, they work like a charm.

Value: ? - Still up in the air on this one, but so far so good.

No other monster trucks showed up so I raced pro truggy class with my Savage and took 2nd in the main. ALL HAIL THE SAVAGE!!!

awesome job!! on the race AND the review!! out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the brake set?

Nice review, so i guess this Integy product is worth buying.....:resp:
So far it seems to be holding up really well. I'm happy with them for sure.

k0m0d0 - $35.99 was what they charged me at my LHS. I know I have seen them cheaper on eBay since getting mine.

wow great review my friend!! sounds like integy might make some good parts after all lol..... reps given!!

Members online

Back