REVIEW: HPI Safety Engine Stop System (Part number 85068)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also just jam one of your fingers in there, but it only works 10 times ! :hardlaugh:

I have it on my truck,I think its the best 10 bucks I have spent.Needless to say I still have all ten fingers.

I also installed this piece on my savage a long time before I knew about this forum. I believe it is the best bang for your buck. My only problem was 3 of my LHS didn't stock it and asked me why I would spend my money on it. Needless to say I don't deal with them anymore and buy almost everything I need from the "bay"

safety stop

It is not a direct fit on the XL. A few modifications have to be made, but it will work. The safety stop is alot better that putting your finger over the exhaust.

The engine stop is one of the best wats of stopping your Nitro engine. I reccomend them on all of our builds!! Great post!Thanks

I've been using the top of my shoe on the exhaust tip to stop the truck but I just ordered the safety stop :). Yeah I'm waking up zombie threads all over this forum haha.

I've been using the top of my shoe on the exhaust tip to stop the truck but I just ordered the safety stop :). Yeah I'm waking up zombie threads all over this forum haha.
Does anyone know if a new savage x comes with a safety stop? I'm still waiting for the savage I ordered to show up, but I noticed tower hobbies website says it's a replacement part for a savage x 4.6 Rtr. Just wondering if there website is right or wrong, If wrong I'm going to order one.

Does anyone know if a new savage x comes with a safety stop? I'm still waiting for the savage I ordered to show up, but I noticed tower hobbies website says it's a replacement part for a savage x 4.6 Rtr. Just wondering if there website is right or wrong, If wrong I'm going to order one.

It is a hop up part, it did not come stock on any savage except on a special edition. If you look at the HPI site you'll notice that all models the safety stop fits are listed as optional except the special edition.

https://www.hpiracing.com/tr/part/85068?show_disc=true

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back