Replacing Clutch Shoes (and more)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasRaider

I have read numerous threads about people installing aluminum clutch shoes and having problems, so I wanted to start off with ALL the right parts as to make it as smooth of a transition as possible.

With that being said, what ALL is needed to change these out, everything from a flywheel, shoes, springs, pilot nut, shim kit, argh!!!

I like the Nova shoes since they have adjustablilty, most EVERYONE says go with mugen springs (1.0 or 1.1) and then the OFNA flywheel seems to aid in cooling the engine, but that leads to shimming issues?

Maybe my brain is fried from reading all the different threads so can someone give me some advice as to exactly what you would recommend for the absolute BEST performance and EASIEST transition. Don't worry about $$$ as I will gladly pay for performance and simplicity!!!

(Oh yeah, this is a racing setup, not a bashing one!)

All you need is The shoes personally I would use the Nova shoes or the OFNA alu shoes, You will also need springs which some Alu clutches come with them and some don't. Either of the springs you listed will work fine.

The OFNA vented flywheel is nice I run it on one of my trucks but not the other I really didnt notice a temp difference but when it was added I was also replacing the engine so this is why I couldnt tell. I do run the same brand/type engine on bot of my trucks but there again cant tell the difference but every engine is different.

As far as different nuts you will need to look between the Mugen, OFNA, HPI nut and should beable to get one of them to work for you.

For racing I think I would go with the Nova shoes, Mugen 1mm springs and probably go light with the settings on the shoes. I would probably add the OFNA fly if you got the money, then decide on which nut looks to be the best for spring position.

PS>you can use the Glow Plug copper gaskets as a shim for the nut if needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back