Reinforcing X rollcage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravaging_savage

we all know that the x roll cage is much better than the old style. But it still needs to be stronger for hard landings. I have only seen one person strengthen a x cage an he used some small piceces of delrin. It works well but its not strong enough for me and its not stong enough if you extend the savage. here is what I came up with.

018.jpg

I just used the solid upper a-arm from the savage 25 used a torch so that I was able to bend and twist the arm to the position and screwed them where it was needed I can do a write up if you guys want it

Very nice fix Buddy, should work great. Watch you antenna wire thats a prime spot to rub threw it whale slidding upside down or crushing it on an upside down landing.

roll cage

I just made up rear mounts for my roll bar you will need to go to home depot and buy 2 ' of 3\16 threaded rod and 8 washers 4 lock washers and 8 bolts with nylock in the threads. cut two pieces of rod at 6 1\2" ithink that was the size but measure to be sure, put a bolt then washer on feed it through the bottom threw the factory holes then drop another washer and bolt down tighten it to the chassie slide another bolt and washer down 2 inches put the roll bar over the rod then again washer and bolt and repeat this for the other hole you will find this to be very strong and cheap fix.:coolkid01: will take pick to post later.

here is another really simple one

i can stand ontop of my truck without my shoe touching the engine head
veltibrtf6.jpg

ljsframok0.jpg

ljsafturrc5.jpg

Little T, Have you ran it with the ready rod? I just have a feeling you will bend them easily. You may be better off by putting a long tube spacer over them and clamping against that. This will stiffen it all up but will add weight.

Also, what is the deal with all the washers on the rear bumper. Do you have them there to get better wheelies, if so does the 5.9 not have enough power?

All in all very clever idea and I hope it holds up well. Keep us informed.

roll cage

No the washers are gone like the old saying goes never argue with an idiot
my friend thought that my power problem (broken slipper pad) was because I did not have enough weight in the back so I put washers there to humor him
but did not help the new slipper pad did so i removed the washers in the back.
Anyway back to the roll cage I have rolled the truck a few times and have not bent a rod but it would definetly benifit from a sleeve that would fit over it and the little extra weight i don't think would matter. Great idea though just wanted to post some pics, it makes for a clean area on the back of the truck.

LOL Funny stuff about the washers. Anyway, great job like I said above about the roll cage. Its deffinitely clean.

great idea my friend!! glad you posted it as we all love seeing unique ways people make there savage's better!!

It flexes a little bit so I'm going to look into a way to make it a little stronger. but any protection is better than none.

roll cage

No it is great to see many different ideas out there and maybe between everyone we can make one almost bulletproof. Iam thinking out putting a plate on mine aswell as some pipe to make a strong mount.

I tried the plate idea and didnt like it too much work and not stong enough. the easiest way is too take a shock tower and turn it upside down and put it through the rollcage holes it works really well. I need to get better pics of it for you

Members online

Back