redneck lst shock adapters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximusraylius

welll i got some lst big bores... they are alot bigger than i was expecting .. anyways i wanted to try them out so i decided to seee what i could come up with to adapt them to my truck . this is all out of simple things every house has pretty much .and the best part .... it was alll free to do.....
youll need.
1 bic ink pen. the ones like we all used in school.. white soft bodies.
a small peice of fuel tubing . aprox. 2 inches long will do.
3/8 in washer with the center hole being smaller than the head of the cap screw that comes on the stock shocks. that mount to towers .

first i cut the pen into a 5/8 inch tube length... need 4 of these... same length on the fuel line 4 of them as well..
then i put a washer on the shock cap screw. the washer needs to be big enough to make sure the screw head and washer cant fit through the pen.. then i slid the fuel tubing over onto the swcrew down to the washer... placed the pen tubing over the fuel tubing and then onto the shock.... made it a snugg bushing. pushed it onto the tower .. snugged the lock nut down till it flaired out the pen tube slightly so it holds the shock from walking back n forth on the tube.. i screwed the bottom of the shock onto the stock shock mount on the a frame... with a longer screw that went through to the next hole in the a frame ... illl build an aluminum adapter when i got mo9re time but for now thats what i done ... seems ok so far...
the lst shock in my hand .. my hands are pretty big to...
utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDMtMjAxMTAxMTUtMTUyOS5qcGc-1.jpg

shock... and adapter /bushing
utf-8BSU1HMDA1NTMtMjAxMTAxMTctMTIzMS5qcGc.jpg

the bushing all together
utf-8BSU1HMDA1NTUtMjAxMTAxMTctMTIzMS5qcGc.jpg

top mounts
utf-8BSU1HMDA1NTAtMjAxMTAxMTctMTE0NC5qcGc.jpg

bottom screw alll the way through both holes
utf-8BSU1HMDA1NTYtMjAxMTAxMTctMTIzNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDktMjAxMTAxMTctMTE0NC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDctMjAxMTAxMTctMTE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDUtMjAxMTAxMTctMTE0MS5qcGc.jpg

thx for looking ... just my simple redneck fix till i build a better brace for bottom and the top ...

Max why don't you just buy the irc mod kit? I was going to but they won't ship to me. So I'm going to have to make one up so I can mount my LST's on too. You're right they are a lot bigger than what I expected as well.

Max why don't you just buy the irc mod kit? I was going to but they won't ship to me. So I'm going to have to make one up so I can mount my LST's on too. You're right they are a lot bigger than what I expected as well.

ill make my own if it can save me a lil money lol... but if these don't work out ill probly just by the kit ... but gotta wait till payday... and was showing ppl that are really hurting right now that they can save by doing their own mounting .. I'm trying to build my own irc kit though .. just wanted a fast fix so i could go play n see how they worked cause the size was insane ..lol

Good luck max I tried everything under the sun to properly adapt those shocks at 1 time turned out that in my personal experience they are the worst shocks you put on a savage. You will break a ton of the rod ends and lose driving stability. I wish you luck with them but in 1 or 2 bashes you will see the light MU HA HA HA

Btw the irc kit Makes the shocks too vertical best bet is sell them while they are in good shape and save your oil for bbs

yeah i noticed in some the pics ppl posted with the irc kit they looked nearly straight up n down i don't like that at all... another reason i did it the way i did .. ir keeps them running just like the stock ones all the way in on the top ...

f1n3sse is right. I had close three sets worth of broken shock shafts. Though they looked bad a$$ on the truck they just didn't work as well as the stockers or the bb's.

You may have different results. Good luck. Keep us posted on how you like them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back